Givaudan, the world leader in the Flavours Industry, is looking for a dynamic Sensory Panel Leader. As part of the Global Creation, Application and Sensory Science group, you will provide relevant and actionable sensory support to sensory project managers and project teams in line with project/platform strategies; Proactively contribute to project needs by developing appropriate and advanced sensory approaches in line with business/research priorities, and; Contribute to identification, development and commercialization of foundational research projects including methodology development. Working location will be in Kemptthal.
Sensory Panel Leader (80-100%)
Responsibilities • Bring your Passion: Manage and lead 1 descriptive panel team, develop and execute relevant training exercises and maintenance of panel; and design and execute complex research studies. Collect and analyze panel monitoring data to provide relevant feedback to maximize data quality and panel engagement. Be-yond descriptive programs, lead sensory elements of project team for some initi-atives globally and with limited supervision.
• Collaborate with others: Collaborate with other panel leaders and managers to assess Sensory Community needs. Use your team work, collaboration with cross-functional teams and leadership skills to collaborate with sensory scientists to support descriptive element of platform/project work according to research priorities. Effectively communicate sensory results and insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Utilize the very best of you: Bring your experience with panel management to create new tools and lead sensory descriptive innovation and evaluation de-velopment/methodologies in line with best practices. Use your good interpersonal and communication skills to communicate clearly, precisely and concisely in both oral and written form.
You? Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environ-ment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as pas-sionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
• Good knowledge of sensory methodologies including descriptive, discriminative and scientific test design to answer objectives.
• Demonstrated proficiency in descriptive panel leadership, leading without biasing, effectively managing difficult situations and keeping high motivation within the group.
• Experience using sensory software (FIZZ, Compusense) and traditional Microsoft software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Statistical software is a plus (e.g. XlStat)
• Ability to support multiple sensory projects, strong organisation skills.
• Organisational and time-management skills are essential.
• Fluent in Swiss German/German and English
Contact adress: We are looking forward to receiving your complete application. Please apply on our career site.
As the leading company in the Flavours and Fragrances industry, Givaudan creates and manufactures unique and innovative taste and smell solutions. We provide the passion and expertise for global, regional and local food and beverages manufactures as well as household, personal care and fine fragrance companies.
Givaudan people believe in their work. Our flavours and fragrances play an important part in consumers' well-being from Australia to Zambia. From the fragrances which bring back happy memories to the flavours that improve diets by boosting the taste of healthy food. Givaudan employees believe they make a difference. With 9,000 employees across 40 different countries, our global organisation offers the distinctive experience of a market leader with the culture and friendliness of a small team.