Our client needs a Chief Technology Officer to lead the company's product development strategy, vision, and execution. The CTO will use their broad technical and operational expertise to play a transformative role leading the full range of technology and product development initiatives at the company.
The role requires technology leadership across two exciting Windmill entities:
A fast-growing digital product delivery company solving problems and enabling new opportunities for enterprises and start-ups in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare and compliance.
A growing portfolio of cutting-edge digital products designed, delivered and owned by the company
It is an opportunity for a motivated, entrepreneurial-minded, hands-on senior technologist to make a real impact, directly contributing to, and sharing in, company growth and success. The CTO will report directly to the company Founder.
- Driving and overseeing architecture and technical designs for project and product venture teams
- Developing team maturity in terms of quality with respect to architecture and technical design and coding practices
- Effectively managing, inspiring and mentoring the teams in multiple locations to ensure exceptional performance, to cultivate technical talent, and to support the company's culture and goals
- Identify talent gaps and engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of key technologists
- Enhancing and defining the processes and procedures for the productivity and quality of the projects/venture products and development teams
- Evaluating emerging technologies and industry trends and applying them to enhance the projects and teams
- External technology face of the company: Participating in architectural discussions with clients and representing the company at industry and client events.
- Degree in computer science.
- Tech Stack / Frameworks / Cloud / Architecture patterns we are working on at present:
- Microservices / Micro frontends
- Frontend - Angularjs / React
- Backend - Java / Nodejs
- Cloud - Azure / AWS
- Mobile - iOS / Android / Flutter
- Credible experience as CTO / Principal Technologist / VP Technology role while delivering a financial product to market .
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering leadership roles.
- Managed a team size of 50+
- A deep understanding of architectural methodologies and design patterns.
- Able to adapt to changing architecture trends, models and patterns.
- Successful experience growing, managing, mentoring, and leading cross-functional, geographically dispersed engineering teams.
Would be a plus:
- Familiar with or experience developing MXDP platforms.
- Track record of building trusted relationships and inspiring others through exemplary leadership behavior.
- Highest level of English language proficiency and communication skills (written, visual and verbal).
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.