We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
The purpose of the Pharma Communications team is to proactively and optimally position Roche Pharmaceuticals and its leadership, to ensure internal and external stakeholders understand and support our strategy, and to work with other functions to drive changes in our environment which support business sustainability and success.
Reporting to the Head of Pharma Public and Employee Communications, Roche Pharmaceuticals, this role contributes to internal and external communications within the Pharma organisation. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and supportive team, therefore collaboration and a desire to learn are essential.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Working together with other functions to develop and deliver integrated communications strategies that either connect internal and external stakeholders with the Pharma strategy or address priority business topics
- Producing communications materials and/or events that support the realisation of the aforementioned strategies
- Supporting integrated editorial planning through to implementation (end-to-end communications)
- Championing creative thinking, best practice and driving innovative ways of working across the team
- Delivery Pharma Leadership Team (PLT) level communications activities - such as the Pharma Business Meeting, townhall meetings and strategic speaker engagements
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You have a minimum five years of experience in public relations and/or corporate communications (PR agency experience is preferred) and have a solid background and experience working autonomously to develop measurable communications strategies from concept through to execution and evaluation. You are able to work in a matrix-style operating model and multicultural environment and have demonstrable experience of delivering in fast paced environments and adapting to changing stakeholder needs.
Additionally, you bring the following skills and competencies:
- Proven strategic planning and strong and creative content development capabilities, with a thorough understanding of social media and content marketing strategies
- The ability to extract and quickly process key information, summarise the needs and interests of key stakeholders and develop engagement recommendations
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; comfort working in a matrix organisation and a proven ability to influence without authority are advantage
- Results oriented, open to change and able to work well with others while under pressure
- Native / outstanding written and verbal English (fluent German an advantage)
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.