Pala is recruiting a Cross-Commodity Trader/PM to support and enhance the fund’s execution and investment strategy. This person will be fundamental to the fund’s growth strategy. The trader will be working closely with the strategy’s Chief Investment Officer, as well as with the team of two fundamental analysts and one senior data scientist.
The role will involve the following:
- Execution of futures and options trades;
- Trade idea generation by working with our fundamental analysts and data scientist;
- Portfolio rebalancing and risk management;
- Macroeconomics and sector research.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- At least seven years of experience in
- Commodity trading, preferably in cross-commodity role,
- Knowledge of risk management tools,
- Option valuation and trading experience,
- Ability to size up and down a portfolio due to capital flows,
- Experience in trading arbitrage opportunities;
- A team working attitude;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment;
- A thorough understanding of research techniques;
- The ability to clearly and coherently document and present results, in both written and verbal form;
- High sense of quality and urgency;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent business English.
- You will be joining Pala at Manager Level. We offer the following:
- Market competitive salary;
- Performance bonus;
- Annual education budget;
About working at Pala – Frontier
Working at Pala means working with a highly collaborative, dedicated team of investment professionals. You will thrive if you are a team player and high achiever with a positive attitude. We work in one office but take a global view. We value diversity.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and CV to Write an email.
About Pala Investments
Pala is a multi-strategy investment company.
We use our knowledge and creativity to leverage long-term capital to generate consistent investment returns and allow us to facilitate a shift to a lower carbon economy driven by responsible and sustainable value chains.
Pala has a team of accomplished industry professionals and seeks to partner with management teams, boards and shareholders to create long-term value; in addition to deploying a range of trading strategies aligned to our investment thesis.
About Frontier Commodities
Frontier is the commodity hedge fund within Pala Investments. It is a fully liquid, derivatives cross-commodities absolute return fund. We invest in metals, energy, agriculture and environmental commodities using a quantamental strategy. We have an internally developed big database and AI systems that support our idea generation. The fund has posted profit consistency since inception with a significant overperformance to benchmarks.
For more information, visit:
Corporate presentation: https://www.pala.com/publications-archive/38-pala-presentation
Pala Investments Limited, St. Helier, Zweigniederlassung Zug