At WinGD and across the shipping industry we face unprecedented change as we strive to bring greater sustainability into our global business. As marine engine designers our responsibility in this is significant. A career with WinGD has an impact on shaping a better world for tomorrow.
As a leading developer of the two-stroke engines that power merchant shipping, our people drive innovative solutions for our customers on a global scale. Headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since its inception in 1893, WinGD continues the legacy of the Sulzer Corporation through innovation in design.
Our success in this ever evolving, competitive environment is based on the drive, innovation and collaboration of our diverse employee population, over 420 people worldwide, representing over 25 different nationalities. Come, be a part of this change.
WinGD is looking for a
You collaborate closely with our commissioning experts all over the world and resolve critical needs in order to assist them in rectifying software issues arising with our marine engines. You will maintain our software production tools which will vary with each new project and engine type with the support of our Software configuration tool. With over 100 engine types in operation, WinGD is consistently innovating and continuously improving performance based on market and customer requirements. As an expert in your field, you are able to deal with multiple projects at the same time and communicate clearly within a very international environment. The role will require you to take full responsibility for the following tasks.
- Ensure that the application software follows the respective specifications
- Assure proper documentation according to established development processes
- Support our stakeholders and customers in various technical matters
- Analyze specifications and translate them into tasks
- Collect and elicit requirements
- Write design specifications
- Perform software verification (WBT, reviews etc.)
- Support of testing team (lab and field)
- BSc or MSc within automation, controls or related disciplines, focus on embedded control systems (with some years' experience)
- Deep knowledge with some years' experience in automation and control
- Knowledge in project management
- Experience in elicit requirement speciation, programming, design specification, etc
- A few years' experience of embedded systems
- Practical programming in C/C++ / C# /.net/ Mathlab/Simulink and SQL
- An opportunity to shape the sustainability and environmental impact of the shipping industry. WinGD is on the leading edge of the technology which is shaping the future of the shipping industry
- A dynamic working environment, blending a long history of technology expertise with industry leading innovation across a global network
- Award winning and extraordinary products
- Multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams offering diverse perspectives and collaborative thinking
- Dynamic and interactive working conditions. WinGD offers a non-hierarchical, agile structure where input and ideas are welcome
- In-house technology training and professional development opportunities
For additional information, please visit www.wingd.com