Experienced Consultant / Senior Consultant, EMEIA Financial Services Risk - Zurich 80-100%
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Consulting business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
We are currently looking for a motivated and committed experienced Consultant / Senior Consultant to further strengthen our practice within the Financial Services Consulting - Risk & Actuarial team in Zurich.
Within Financial Services Consulting - Risk & Actuarial, the GRC (Governance, Risk, Controls & Internal Audit) Team is part of a global network of risk management specialists working together with most of the largest financial services companies. We support our clients with solutions to identify, assess, steer and monitor non-financial and compliance risks.
Your key responsibilities
- A unique opportunity to support our clients with both regulatory and internal audit projects, where you will be assessing client's compliance with external and internal regulations, as well as market practice. This will enable you to quickly develop a wide breadth of skills and competencies, with many of these being focused around corporate governance, internal control systems and internal audit, as well as non-financial and compliance risk management.
- On top of the audit work you also have the possibility to apply your know how on consulting projects and support our clients with their issues and needs focusing on process and control design, optimization and automation.
- Becoming a member of our team promises a kick-start into a fast paced and engaging career. You will also have the opportunity to actively support in innovation and shape EY solutions on current and upcoming market needs.
- Your skillset will grow rapidly through numerous training events and client facing engagements including touchpoints with clients' senior management.
- Engaging with our clients to support in our practice growth through business development activities, point-of-views and thought leadership.
- Working on client assignments from day one with a supportive and highly competent team.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in a business-related field such as business administration, economics, finance or other related area
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience working with internal audit and external audit projects, or within the risk, compliance or audit teams of a financial services company
- Strong interest in designing, implementing and reviewing Corporate Governance, Risk
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) with ability to interact with individuals across all levels of the organization (German and French aare a plus)
Ideally, you'll also have
- Good understanding of Banking and/or Insurance related processes and controls
- Superior organizational competence (planning, scheduling, coordinating and time management)
- Interest and affinity to IT systems as well as automation and digitization
What we look for
- Management, Internal Controls and Compliance frameworks
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an innovative spirit
- Goal-oriented team player with analytical and organizational skills and a diligent working style
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Write an email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.