Head of Fundraising and Marketing - Foundation
For our client, a Zurich and Zug based Foundation we are looking for a Head of Fundraising and Marketing.
You will manage a team and report directly to the Board of this non profit organization.
1. Your responsibilities
General roles and responsibilities
- Develop the strategies necessary to implement the Foundation policies, vision and goals set up by the Board
- Report to the Board
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to planning, development and management of the respective division
- Supervise teams of the respective functional area to ensure the effective delivery of strategic plans
- Manage overall financial budgeting, priority projects, strategy, day-to-day operations, processes, area of growth, staffing for the entire functional area
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Prepare and present regular reports for executive management and the Board
- Communicates financial and goal results and key performance indicators to Teams within the respective functional area
- Work closely with human resources to lead teams with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the fundraising, communication and marketing activities and Teams
- Develop, implement and monitor the fundraising communication and marketing strategy (including budget preparation and control) ensuring development of new income and communication streams i.e., researching, identifying and prioritising potential fundraising opportunities and sustainable in- come generation (Foundations, donors, philanthropies, corporate sector, legacy marketing etc.) as well as the planning and implementation of the objectives, which also includes social media and numerous platforms (email, website, blogs, social media, print, events, campaigns, online- shop)
- Responsible for the Foundation's corporate design, based on the re-branding already underway.
- Develop brand awareness, maintaining brand integrity across all Foundation initiatives and communications, internally as well as externally, including online reputation to enhance the public profile of the Foundation and increase the number of people supporting its work.
- Represent the Foundation vis-a?-vis private and institutional donors and networks
- Ensure excellent donor care through efficient and timely processes, including meticulous use of our CRM database
2. Your profile & required qualifications
- Sensible to charity and philanthropy
- Swiss/EU passports or valid Swiss work permit
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Min. 10 years' work experience acquired within NGOs and/or Foundations in Switzerland and/or abroad in a senior manager role is a must; additional private sector experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading programs/projects in the fields of education, sustainable economic development and health as well as expertise in fundraising, marketing and communications functions
- Experience in the fields of education, sustainable economic development, and health is a must
- Outstanding change management, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Problem-solving aptitude, strategic thinking, forward planning
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English, Spanish and/or German an advantage
What our client offers:
In this exciting transformation phase, our client offers a position with a high degree of personal responsibility and space for your own ideas. Excellent employment conditions, diverse training opportunities and an open atmosphere for discussion are essential elements of the corporate culture. Our client lives the values of sustainability, empathy, and openness. You can expect a highly motivated, young team of specialists from various fields and a position with long-term development potential.