Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London, Paris and other locations, and employs approximately 33,000 people worldwide.
The Segment Leader is responsible for developing and managing the strategic plan for delivering sustainable profitable growth of the Swiss Major Accounts Segment. This role directly manages all Major Accounts Underwriters across all lines (P&C as well as A&H) jointly with their Lines of Business Managers.
What you can expect
- Execute the local Major Account Segment distribution strategy. Define a clear and differentiated Chubb value proposition for the segment. Responsibility for all sales related activities in Switzerland for the Major Accounts Segment.
- Close adherence and understanding of internal profitability criteria, profit and loss planning and production targets will be key performance indicators. Meet plan on production, New Business and retention.
- Lead, develop, engage and retain the team as appropriate, so that their performance is maximised and potential fully realised. Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports, so that they understand their strengths and development needs.
- Build a relationship and collaborate with regional leaders as well as local team to secure superior growth while maintaining underwriting discipline.
- Develop new and existing brokers & clients relationships. Maintain direct relationship with major customers.
- Responsibility to meet or exceed financial objectives and ensures that appropriate corrective actions are taken when required to achieve targets.
The role is based in Zurich; German language skills are required.
- Product know-how and expertise in the (Swiss) insurance market.
- Industry experience with either an insurer or broker background. Highly experienced in dealing with brokers, clients and insurers on a very senior level. Ideal candidate has a profound knowledge in one P&C line of business and a solid understanding of all other relevant product lines.
- Strong leadership skills with a desire to achieve superior results. Strategic thinker with the ability to engage people for performance. Team player who manages by influence with a desire to achieve superior results.
- Positive and can-do-attitude. Results driven with a willingness to make informed decisions and assume responsibility. Strong entrepreneurial spirit, owns the Major Account Segment business in Switzerland with a passion to grow it profitably.
- Strong communicator with an ability to build strong networks, both internally and externally, and to promote the Chubb brand.
- Fluent in German and English; French language skills would be an asset.
What you get – The Chubb Difference
For us, insurance is about one thing: craftsmanship. It’s who we are. It’s what we do. It’s how we serve our clients. More about The Chubb Difference
Make the difference with us!
Learn more about us: Chubb Switzerland/Careers
Do you dare to take on this exciting task? We are now looking forward to receiving your application via our online job portal. (Please submit applications only via our job portal).
Ms. Fabienne Niedrist, Human Resources, will be happy to answer your questions on 043 456 76 62 (Please send your application file via the job portal, personnel consultants please contact us in advance and do not submit any documents).