Purpose & Accountability:
- Coordinate crop physiology studies and method development in the laboratory and greenhouse with allocated Research Technicians/ Research Scientists. Interpret and provide assessments on agronomic relevance of findings.
- Represent the Biology function in research projects as a member of the core team and support informed decision making in close interaction with colleagues from other disciplines.
Ensure the appropriate evaluation of substances according to project needs in laboratory and greenhouse experiments in close collaboration with Seedcare and Plant Health Biology Teams and Field Biology Team.
- Support the development, enhancement, and marketing of Plant Health products with technical input based on experiments.
- Position includes mainly deskwork (>95%) and some limited lab/greenhouse work. Limited business travel may be required.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Establish biology science plans in research projects in close collaboration with adjacent disciplines and initiate, implement, and lead experiments in line with this plan.
- Plan studies, analyze research data and present conclusions in detailed reports and presentations.
- End-to-end Quality management: ensure and maintain optimal (input vs output) scientific quality and standards in experimentation, analysis, and interpretation.
- Effectively use agronomic, crop protection research, and business knowledge.
- Actively understand technology progress and dedicate resources to evaluate the potential for its applicability for the Biology function and discuss new ideas and projects.
- Collaborate with internal Syngenta functions and within external global collaborations.
What are we looking for:
- Strong research background in biology or agronomy (PhD with postdoc experience)
- Excellent knowledge in crop or plant physiology, ideally with focus on plant nutrition and abiotic stress management
- Professional experience working in agronomy or crop protection
- Fluency in English, German considered as a plus
- Experience with data storage, reporting, analysis, and visualization tools
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- A position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- A superb working environment at our Global Research Center in Stein with well-equipped laboratories with an open culture and a diverse and inclusive workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, annual bonusses, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) - reference number 18035313.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.