At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Consultant or Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) 100%
In a world that's changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our "North Star" guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
To further support the significant growth of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team in Switzerland, we are looking to hire additional highly-qualified resources in Zurich/Basel. Specifically, as part of this job posting, we are looking for a Senior and/or a Manager to support our US-Focused Markets Group (US-FMG). Working across many different industries, this individual will develop by executing and leading US GAAP and US capital markets specific FAAS projects. It is all about listening to our clients, asking the better questions, and supporting them in areas where there are no off-the-shelf solutions.
Your key responsibilites
- Collaborate with the EY FAAS leadership in Switzerland and Germany to develop and execute on strategies for individual clients to satisfy high client expectations
- Work with other service lines and subject matter experts in providing an integrated service delivery model across functions in an international team to meet our clients' high expectations
- Be responsible for managing and delivering US GAAP / US capital markets type FAAS projects and contribute to the growth of the FAAS US-FMG
- Ensure everyone on the team fully understands the client's business needs and expectations to develop client deliverables that are client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented
- Ensure work is delivered in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Engage and develop new opportunities related to new FAAS projects, solutions, and relationships
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor or Master degree (preferred in Accounting/Finance), complemented with completed further relevant professional education (e.g., US CPA (preferred), or Swiss CPA, ACCA, CFA)
- 4 to 7 years of experience in audit or consulting with a focus on US GAAP, PCAOB, SOX, SEC, and US capital market transactions
- Advisory experience with capital markets transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs), public debt listings, carve-out transactions, etc. is strongly encouraged
- IFRS knowledge is not required but a plus to support GAAP conversion projects
- A proven record of excellence in project leadership, specifically when managing, mentoring and improving a team of high-performing individuals
- Strong technical writing skills and advanced risk management knowledge
- Proactive, flexible and team-oriented from concept and design to implementation of projects. Intellectual curiosity and willingness to go "the extra mile"
- Ability to build your relevant internal and external networks in a fast-paced and international environment investing in sustainable relationships
- Very good English skills (speaking and writing) is a prerequisite, German and French are a plus.
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Write an email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.