At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team we offer advice on all aspects within the transaction cycle and provide support on corporate decision-making. Together with our clients, we make well-founded, strategic decisions for businesses. If you're looking to develop your individual skills whilst working in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams, come join us!
- Highly motivated, multicultural and dedicated team where you can expect new challenges every day that will allow you to build on your knowledge and expertise
- The team aims to assist clients, both private equity firms and corporate clients, throughout the whole transaction process.
- Whilst traditional Financial Due Diligence is a key element of the service, transaction diligence is much broader, incorporating assistance with business plan assessment, including support to the transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration
Your key responsibilities
- Define the scope of a Financial Due Diligence engagement by using target, industry and transaction experience, while considering areas for involvement of other service lines
- Gather, verify and analyse information, and formulate views, including views from a sector practice
- Understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach and agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction diligence, the rest of transaction advisory services and other departments in EY both internally and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead a project team to plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Mentor junior team members and train on engagements
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic background
- More than seven years (7+) of diverse Transaction Diligence experience working on buy-side and sell-side engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and German
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstrate strong commercial/business acumen through direct Transaction Diligence experience
- Sharp analytical thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in a professional setting
- Exceptional team player who is able to work with people at all levels in an organization
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Click to send email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.