At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Consulting is a global practice with more than 70,000 people around the globe. We are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology, and innovation. Our client-centric approach focuses on driving long-term value for our clients by solving their most strategic problems, and our consulting services are recognized by the global analyst community and our 25+ alliance partners. EY Consulting is made up of three sub-service lines: Business Consulting, Technology Consulting and People Advisory Services.
As a Technology Transformation Senior Manager, you will help our Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients leverage technology to transform their business. As part of a high-performing team, you will deliver exceptional client service — consulting for clients on technology strategies and providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence will enable their business strategy and operating models. You will work with clients on their strategic technology solutions and support clients in developing and transforming IT organizations, operating models, and capabilities.
You will be able to develop your leadership, consulting and technology skills at EY by working on the most challenging projects, engaging with CIO / CTO and other CXO-level executives and collaborating with global EY teams across our member firms. The experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else, so, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager you will work alongside EY clients and colleagues in developing technology strategies and transformation programs, particularly in the Commercial domain for Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients. You will develop innovative go to market propositions and partnerships, and manage engagements and EY teams in Switzerland or internationally, including in our global delivery centers.
An important part of your role will be to actively leverage, maintain and strengthen your sector expertise and relationships. Similarly, you will be expected to partner with clients and internal stakeholders as a subject matter trusted adviser on Commercial technology solutions in the Pharma sector. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to continued growth and profitability for EY in the Life Sciences Sector, by identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities within existing and new clients.
- Leveraging long-term relationships with key client decision makers in the Life Sciences Sector; act as a trusted advisor to key decision makers; identify client challenges and opportunities and shaping innovative technology solutions for the Commercial functions within Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients
- Leading the definition of client propositions, shaping the delivery of solutions and engagements, structuring engagement teams to deliver highest quality results
- Driving strategic conversations with clients, on how technology and digital innovation can enable business objectives and strategy
- Driving cross-functional teams and engagements working with a variety of roles, including technologists, architects, developers, designers, business consultants, user researchers and functional experts to build user-centric solutions and driving change management on large-scale enterprise transformation programs.
- Being a thought leader on disruptive technologies, Commercial Digital Transformation strategies and on adoption of state-of-the-art technology including AI, Analytics, NLP; ability to represent the firm in leading conferences/forums on Technology issues and trends.
- Representing the voice of business strategy, synthesizing quantitative and qualitative analysis to ensure product decisions to address their needs.
- Contributing to our people excellence culture, supporting a positive learning environment, coaching and counseling Team members with development goals, supporting campus and experience hire recruitment activities
- Tracking and managing operational hygiene, including pricing, engagement metrics, margin management and supporting deal reviews
- Building strong internal relationships across broader EY Consulting and with other services lines in Switzerland and across other EY member firms
- Participate in people-related initiatives for local office and service line teams
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience in technology consulting, including at least 5 years in the Life Sciences Sector
- Master's degree from a reputable University with excellent academic records
- Deep sector experience and functional understanding of the Life Sciences Commercial domain, across the full lifecycle including Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursements, use of Real-World Evidence, Product Launch Planning, Brand Planning, Patient and Physician Segmentation, Targeting Approaches, Forecasting, Integrated Business Planning, Marketing Strategy, Patient Engagement to Commercial Operations.
- Recognized expertise and delivery track record in Technology enabled Business Transformation leveraging Information Technologies including Advanced Analytics, Predictive Forecasting, NLP, Automation, Data Science, Omni-Channel Marketing Automation, and CRM & Life Science/Pharma Sector Data.
- Business acumen, strategic and analytical thinking, and creative problem-solving capacity, able to bridge across technology and Pharma commercial function domains.
- An entrepreneurial mentality and strong leadership skills with a demonstrable track record of generating and owning book of business, engagements and accounts, and network of client relations.
- Strong teaming and communications drive to guide and motivate others. Track record of leading multi-disciplinary international engagement teams including working with offshore delivery teams.
- Customer-centric with an ability to structure and analyze problems in a systematic and organized way
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with clients to develop and manage an action plan
- Can-do mindset, with a focus on high performance standards and ability to work in a focused and independent manner
- Excellent skills in both written and verbal English
Ideally, you'll also have
- Expertise in Technology Strategy and Transformation disciplines including IT Strategy, Digital, Infrastructure and Cloud Strategy, Commercial Solution Architecture, Technology Sourcing and IT service management
Project Management Certification (SCRUM, PMI, PRINCE2 etc.) and ITIL certification
Expertise and/or experience with technologies, including Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), Live Sciences Commercial and Omnichannel Solutions (Veeva, IQVIA, Salesforce, TrueBlue), R, Python, Tableau, Spotfire etc.
Expertise inemerging technologies including artificial intelligence, deep learning, advanced predictive modelling, blockchain, quantum computing etc.
Skilled in all aspects of Design Thinking including user research, functional requirements definition, business process analysis, business modelling, and workshop design and facilitation
Understanding of leading Life Sciences Commercial Data Sets
- Knowledge of GDPR guidelines for Life Sciences organizations, including rules for patient data privacy, data protection and migration
- Track record of Delivery Excellence, Quality & Risk Management
- Experience of working with or as part of a scrum team
- Detailed knowledge of creating user stories/requirements definition/acceptance criteria using agile tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of the full lifecycle of software development
- Experience of working with global multinational Life Sciences clients in Switzerland, Europe, US and/or Japan.
What we look for
- We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and energetic drive to shape and realize strategic technology transformation for our pharma clients. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We're looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We're looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We're looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position (ID: 149984) online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Click to send email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.