Our client, a large trading company is looking for a:
Senior Legal Counsel
- Provide all round legal advice to the trading and shipping operations on day to day issues including: advising on resolving and avoiding day-to-day disputes, support to trade and business development activities,
- Develop a working partnership with the business by understanding the business needs, the key customers and suppliers and the industry environment as well as by proactively addressing issues faced and opportunities presented to the businesses.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements in relation to trading and shipping in coordination with the various internal and external stakeholders; This includes sale and pur-chase contracts, letters of indemnity, guarantees, novations, assignments and any other contractual documents as required and utilized in the trading business.
- Litigation case management: including handling and drafting pleadings for arbitration/litigation cases in-house and where external assistance is required in more complex cases, instructing and managing external counsel.
-UK qualification is required.
-Minimum of 5 years of experience in an international law firm and/or as an in house lawyer dedicated to the areas of commodities trading and/or shipping.
-Experience of dealing with legal issues associated with the physical and financial trading of commodities and freight.
-Ability to understand legal and commercial issues quickly, to digest and analyse the situation, to form hypotheses, to draw inferences and to question assumptions, to test ideas, to propose solutions, to discuss and argue constructively.
- Strong business and legal judgment and commercial attitude.
-Languages: English Fluent - French is a plus.
- Analytical approach to identifying and practical approach to solving issues.
-Self-motivated, diligent and detail-oriented