When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do exciting work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create meaningful contributions to the world.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer (f/m/d) - Chromatography
Reporting to: Supervisor HPLC/Mol, Service Switzerland ULS
Division: CMD; Unity Lab Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides critical on-site instrument services at customer locations. Our colleagues are passionate about improving customer experience and service operations efficiency.
Discover Impactful Work:
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career in our growing Field Service team and make a difference - you will receive comprehensive training from our colleagues to get you started with your development within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Main focus of the role is Installation, Preventive Maintenance, and Instrument Qualification of Chromatography Devices within Switzerland
- Collaborate with colleagues in our customer care center to efficiently schedule your service visits to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Install our products from our diverse Chromatography portfolio, demonstrate instrument specification and instruct customers on use (Familiarization)
- Perform preventive maintenance and qualifications on customer instruments and help to improve instrument uptime and availability.
- Detailed preparation and documentation of maintenance and qualification activities to meet regulatory requirements.
- Analysis of instrument failures
- Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit and Overhead Cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Always ensure the highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and raise issues if necessary, to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Manage the company's assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the vital partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others).
- Curiosity about analytical instruments, systems, applications, new products and technologies.
- Technical education or chemical background
- Proficient in German and good knowledge of English language
- Driving license
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Passion to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
- 2+ years’ experience servicing of Chromatography products or as a user
- Good hardware and software skills especially of Windows operating systems and applications as well as Microsoft Office package
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Knowledge in French is an advantage
This job description does not describe all the duties, tasks and responsibilities which need to be performed in the Function. Any other job related instructions, duties, tasks or responsibilities which are requested by the team leader or manager are required to follow
We are offering an employment with an innovative and growing organisation with outstanding career and development prospects and an exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity and innovation. The role comes with a competitive salary plan, company car and further employee benefits.