IT Support Engineer
General working hours (no shifts)
German and English speaking
Function as an IT support person, handling and managing the IT assets of Cognizant. Position is expected to perform IT resource management related tasks such as asset tracking, installation and provisioning of IT assets to end users. This role also includes maintaining asset inventory and troubleshooting laptops/printers/Video Conference /Smart and Cisco IP phone issues and providing remote support to users if necessary. This position will coordinate with other IT team members to provide a stable IT environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Break/fix technician for a wide variety of user technologies in the related practices of MAC and Windows Desktop support.
- Advanced knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems like Windows 10 & Mac OS.
- Driving & Monitoring Queue for ticket closure. Incident Management and Request fulfilment through Onboarding MMO/MMI Portal.
- Technical support in Application software for Desktops/Laptops on both Windows and MAC OS.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and TCP/IP ports HTTP, HTTPS and file sharing.
- Able to troubleshoot outlook related issues and have some knowledge on Exchange environment on Office for both Windows and MAC Assets. .
- Client interfacing and Vendor management skill along with experience of handling VIP support.
- OS Build/Imaging (related to End user devices)
- Work on End point compliance (Control parameters –/AD /Anti-Virus –Cisco AMP / MBAM - Bitlocker / SCCM/DLP/NextThink/Avecto)
- Physical cables patching knowledge – Phone Voice and LAN Data.
- Inventory and asset management skills
- Excellent Soft skill, Communications skills (Voice & Email) to handle global customers Ability to perform in adverse situations
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and use of issue/problem tracking system.
- VNET / Tandberg Video Conference support
- Hands and Feet Support for Technology Towers- Datacentres environment knowledge/skills.
- Rack and Stack Servers and Network Equipment’s
- Handling day to day operational calls with respect to Laptops /Phones /mobile related issues,
KEY SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE (COMPETENCIES):
- Serve as break/fix technician for a wide variety of user technologies in the related practices of MAC and Windows Desktop support
- Act as Site POC for Client and Cognizant to deal with all Deskside and Hands & Feet support request at the deployed Location
- Provide physical hands and feet support towards end user desk moves, printer physical moves
- Act as Technical SME to test new End user devices towards a new build/image/application testing
- Act as POC for all 3rd party vendors towards End user devices (Laptops/desktops/printers/mobile phones etc.)
- Written and Oral proficiency in English,
- Verbal communications. Ability to effectively interact with peers and managers.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ca. 2+ years of IT support experience,
- Experience in Windows Troubleshooting, MAC OS is an advantage
- ITIL certification will be an advantage
- Fluent (min B2) in English and German are mandatory.
Please apply by email to Click to send email