Global Support Office (GSO) position based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full-time open-ended contract.
Responsible for fundraising with Corporates in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. In collaboration with the rest of Engagement team, support Medair’s mission by consolidating and cultivating current portfolio of Corporates and acquiring new ones, upgrading of key donors, developing an extensive network, creating and leveraging partnerships and increasing visibility.
You will be responsible for building relationships with Corporates and prospects, using a structured and donor-centric approach to increase their support and engage them accordingly to Medair’s processes and values.
Key Activity Areas
- Develop communication material such as writing appropriate project proposals (funding requests), reports, summaries, letters, brochures and presentations in French or English for philanthropy partners in your or other team members’ portfolio.
Relationship fundraising with Corporates
- Develop a consolidation and acquisition plan to generate new donors.
- Build and sustain relationships with donors and prospects.
- Deliver and promote fundraising products or project proposals.
- Acquire new donors and develop specific journeys by creating targeted and qualitative touch points and develop a repeatable model to approach more corporates and drive growth, using Salesforce as a CRM tool.
- In collaboration with the Philanthropy team, create communication material such as project summaries, reports, letter sand presentations.
- Leverage networks: actively research new networking opportunities and attend external events, forums, conferences to acquire leads.
- Plan, organize and promote Medair philanthropy events in Romandie to attract new corporates and/or consolidate existing major relationships.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
- Help the development of annual budget and revenue forecasting in Romandie.
- Monitor private funding trends and issues.
- Contribute to fundraising and organisational strategy development.
- Plan, track and analyse personal targets and results, and report to manager
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level.
- International Relations, Business management and/or Sales, Communication, Account Management.
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (speaking and writing).
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising, sales, marketing or communication.
- Experience and understanding of project management.
- Experience with Corporates, business world experience is desired.
- Excellent French (spoken and written).
- Advanced user of MS Office.
- Experience in CRM / sales management software is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills incl. translation from English into French.
- Ability to bring complex information in a simple way to the point without losing essential content.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify potential of projects and audiences.
- Strategic thinking.
- Networking skills.