We are aimedic, a tech start-up company located in the Zurich area. We are improving the treatment of patients by developing Clinical Decision Support Systems, based on combining human knowledge with machine learning. We are off the beaten track, with the aim to create innovative medical assistants, which support physicians and hospitals in making more diagnoses, standardizing documentation, and promptly identifying high-risk patients. We are inventors, explorers, outside-the-box thinkers. We are driven by new ideas and creative work.
To further improve our solutions and services, we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist.
As Data Scientist, your analyses will support the development of software solutions for customers and in-house use. You will consider technical functionality and the users’ requirements, while verifying these through ad hoc test environments. Not only will you write code, but you will also play an important role as an expert on the validity of our data on which together we will build greater value for our customers.
What it’s like to work here
As part of the Development Team at aimedic, you will have a daily routine, where you analyse, program, and interact with your peers. Based on agile methodologies, not only will you collaborate closely during the day with the rest of the team, but you will also take part in the regular reviewing and planning meetings, which set the direction and pace of the projects.
Even before the pandemic, we often worked in pair programming, which helps us to discuss ideas more frequently, and share the accumulated knowledge of our growing systems across the team. Since last year, we went fully remote, so now working together has become more important to us to maintain the relationships between team members, and feel united in our aims. Regardless of the work modality, work-life balance, and office hours boundaries are very important to us. Aimedic's philosophy is to nurture their employees.
We value sharing knowledge with each other in our respective fields of expertise, and regularly meet to chat about the latest updates. The communication channel is always open, and projects are managed collaboratively. All team members are encouraged to offer their opinions.
This position is to be held remotely until the end of the pandemic. Afterwards, we offer great flexibility in working remotely and in person.
In this position you will
- Create and maintain data quality workflows, and document metadata
- Identify and craft the most informative features for our machine learning models
- Test and prototype new algorithms for interpretable supervised and unsupervised learning, based on industry expertise
- Communicate complex processes to business leaders
- Design and maintain software tests and documentation
- Advanced degree in a medical or life science discipline with software development experience. Alternatively, an MSc in computer science with relevant academic (e.g., thesis project) or professional experience in a medical or life science field
- 3+ years of professional experience in a company (or a PhD in a relevant area), with a focus on data analytics, data science or applied statistics
- High ethical standards regarding privacy and confidentiality, including strictly complying to data protection and data privacy measures
- Experienced in:
- Analysing and processing large datasets (preferably with Apache Spark on Scala, Java libraries, or R tidyverse packages).
- Software development and testing in a collaborative setting
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Implementation and adaptation of interpretable machine learning models
- NLP (natural language processing) and text mining methodologies
- Clinical decision support systems
You are passionate about innovative solutions, and find yourself often thinking outside-the-box. You are someone who wants to keep learning, and persevere when facing complex problems. You are fluent in English (being fluent in German is a plus).
If you feel this could be you, and wish to support aimedic shaping the use of artificial intelligence in medicine, please send your CV and cover letter in English or German to Click to send email (subject: Data Scientist 01/2022 - your name). For any upfront questions, please feel free to reach out to our CEO and Head of Development, Mr. Drazenko Djordjevic, at +41 78 896 45 08.
Please note: We will not respond to recruitment agencies. We only hire directly.