As a Deputy Desk Head North China, the senior manager assists with the management of a team of Relationship Managers (RMs), Associates as well as Assistant Relationship Managers and is responsible for overseeing the growth and development of the team as well as achieving a specific sales and activity metric for his assigned territory.
Deputy Desk Head North China Senior Relationship Manager
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES
As a Deputy Desk Head North China, the senior manager assists with the management of a team of Relationship Managers (RMs), Associates as well as Assistant Relationship Managers and is responsible for overseeing the growth and development of the team as well as achieving a specific sales and activity metric for his assigned territory. This position will be tasked with developing and institutionalizing sales practice management processes and will require an advanced level of managerial discretion and leadership.
The main Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Manager is:
- Lead other team members and perform adequate advisory work in order to meet the financial services needs of UHNWIs in North China region
- Design and implement a marketing strategy intended to generate new business and relocate existing business in Asia to the Swiss Booking Centre
- Develop a base of prospective Key Clients and expand market share;
- Interact with multiple business units across the organization to co-develop the front service platform and enhance product offering
- Maintain ongoing client satisfaction
- Responsible for assisting Head of Asia with the oversight and management of a group of Wealth Management RMs. This includes: compliance, monitoring CA performance/metric against scorecard; reporting; the principal review of investment recommendations; tracking of training and licensing requirements; and adoption of the Consultative Selling Process
- Helps coach and motivate a team of RMs to achieve the defined goals. Utilizes internal resources, including the Wealth Planning, Portfolio Management, Private Equity, etc.
- Works with the assigned team of Advisors to review planning and advice for complex cases.
- Assists the Head of Asia in charting strategy and direction in North China Region.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an active pipeline of internal and external talent that can be used to fill future Advisor openings in the assigned market.
This position requires an expert level knowledge of local markets, the ability to analyse data and balance multiple demands on time including management and supervisory responsibilities, project work as assigned, relationship management support for complex clients. This job is specifically defined for the relevant markets where services are legally and diligently carried out (subject to change): North China Region.
Demonstrate superior sales management expertise and ability of coaching/motivating/developing staff
Identify, prevent or mitigate operational or compliance Risks according to group policies and relevant financial markets’ regulations
Embed the Culture & Values within the organisation in line with the Group values
Provide best in class level of service and support the Head of Asia to ensure the RMs will meet/exceed their objectives
Provide excellent knowledge of financial planning concepts including a broad knowledge of tax regulation in relevant markets
Provide thorough knowledge of the Private Banking industry, financial products, and regulatory/compliance obligations to ensure a sustainable business growth
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Practitioner Knowledge and Experience
- 15 years or above working experience in the private banking industry and minimum 3 years in managerial position
- Solid individual performance track record with a profitable book of managed asset in excess of 500M CHF
- Maintain appropriate financial license/s or must obtain them within three months or taking the position. Industry designations such as CFA desired.
- Proven and relevant experience to manage a variety of challenges to support business growth to deliver team KPI’s
- Excellent strategic planning, people management and communication skills
- Proven demonstrable experience of working within a matrix environment, managing all internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage a broad scope and related workload to keep momentum on various change projects
- Collaborative and supportive team player working within
and leadership team to drive the business forward
- High work ethic, independent thinker, flexible and adaptable with ability to manage complexity in a changing organisation
- Effective planning and organisation skills, with ability to communicate the strategic agenda across the business
- Ability to influence others and change the mindset of how to deliver a best in class service
- Strategic thinker with commercial mindset, entrepreneurial approach
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage a changing landscape with positive attitude and resilience
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Comfortable engaging and speaking with senior stakeholders, providing advice and briefings to leadership team
Technical / Language Skills
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office skills
- Analytical mind-set
- Ability to produce reports from scratch to present to wide range of audiences
- Desired Languages: English (fluent), Chinese (Mother tongue) is an advantage
Quintet Private Bank (Schweiz) AG Herr Silvan Reich Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Bahnhofstrasse 13 8001 Zürich