Xsensio is a Swiss digital health start-up company developing a unique “Lab-on-SkinTM” sensing platform to sense in real-time biochemical information at the surface of the skin, providing unprecedented real-time information about our health and wellness, in a simple and non-invasive way. The company is located in Lausanne, Switzerland at the EPFL Innovation Park.
To strengthen our R&D team, we are looking for a:
Electronic engineer – Analog circuit / PCB design (XS21-RD-02)
In the role of Electronic engineer, you will be working with a highly motivated cross-functional R&D team, consisting of biologists, chemists, microelectronic engineers, material engineers and mechanic engineers, in order to ensure the development of a wearable “Lab-on-SkinTM” patch and accelerate its industrial production phase.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and development with off-the-shelf/discrete components of complex, detailed layouts of rigid and flexible printed circuit boards (PCB) using CAE and CAD applications and tools to improve on our Lab-on-SkinTM product.
- Develop, design and test analog read out electronics and its signal transformation for physical/biological/chemical sensors.
- According to the product’s matrix of requirements, contribute, or communicate frequently and follow closely outsourced development with external companies e.g. MCU firmware and mobile phone software development or hardware optimization for power management and radio communication.
- Adapting small modifications to the above-mentioned software whenever needed.
- Communicating and collaborating with the multidisciplinary team to take into account other technical fields constraints in the electronic design to ensure proper operation of the final product.
- Coordination of prototype production and evaluation of industrial production approach with potential partners
- Holds a degree of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Microengineering, or Physics.
- At least 3-years’ experience with EDA software for PCB schematic and layout design, as well as electronic circuit verification. Experience with Altium Designer is preferred.
- Expertise in analog electronics for sensor readout.
- Experience with radio frequency circuit design and signal processing and conditioning for low noise.
- Experience in embedded systems: microcontroller programming and knowledge in firmware and software development is desirable.
- Experience with MATLAB or Python is desirable.
- Experience with biosensors or analytical chemistry is a plus.
- Hands-on engineer with ability to innovate and work autonomously.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary field and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Working proficiency in English required, French a plus.
Preferred starting date: ASAP
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-28/EFTA citizenship is preferable (but not mandatory) for this position.
If you are interested and want to join a company that focuses on breakthrough innovation, we look forward to receiving your application in English or French.
No recruiters or agencies please.