Belimed AG is a leading supplier of medical and surgical instrument sterilization, disinfection, cleaning products and services. The company, with its headquarters in Zug (Switzerland), has offices in 9 countries around the world and is represented in over 80 countries thanks to a strong network of distributors. We look back on more than 50 years of history, continually evolving our technology-driven portfolio of high quality products and services. As Engineers of confidence, we build trust and value for our customers, empowering them to advance medical care and protect the lives of patients and medical personnel.
We believe that winning teams are the key to our success. In Belimed you will work in an international, open-minded and hands-on team in a growing industry, committed to improving the health of our society. Apply for this challenging role and join our team!
In this role you are a part of Belimed R&D, which is the driving engine for the company’s innovation process. Your main tusks will include:
- Translating customer needs into required functionality early in the development cycle (e.g. documenting requirements, proceeding with design modelling, simulation set-up and execution)
- Supporting synthesis and system verification / validation while considering the complete problem from Market, Operations, Performance, Manufacturing, Test, Disposal, Training & Support perspective
- Ensuring that all development practices are in compliance with Belimed’s best practices policies and procedures, as well as actively contributing to the definition of the above mentioned polices
- Supporting the development and improvement of process-driven systems as required by Belimed’s medical products
- Occasionally administering training throughout various phases of the development cycle
- Implementing technologies, methodologies and workflows as defined in common agreement within the R&D organization
- Developing and using product knowledge to innovatively respond to the customer’s critical needs
- MSc or PhD degree in Process Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Thermal/Fluidic Physics or related field
- Proven experience in System-Model Design and with at least one System-Modelling environment (Matlab/Simulink, Octave, Scilab), as well as experience in simulation setup and results interpretation
- Knowledge of Physics or Thermal / Fluidic dynamic, as well as experience with testing and data-analytics are an advantage
- Fluent English and good German skills (written and spoken)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
Use your professional expertise and help us to protect the lives of patients and medical personnel. Join our ambitious team and share our strong customer orientation and sense of urgency. We offer you varied work in a hands-on, international environment with a strong, value-based company culture and a fair, performance-related compensation. Our culture of empowerment and accountability will give you easy access to key decision-makers and enable you to make a real impact.
If you recognize yourself in this career proposition, we look forward to receiving your application documents (CV, certificates, letter of motivation). To ensure the transparency of the selection process, we will only be able to consider electronic applications (via our online system); applications via e-mail or post will not be considered.
Join our winning team and take your career further.