We are hiring for a Cloud/DevOps Engineer to join our team in Zurich, Switzerland. We are a small team focused on solving a big and difficult problem: how to make global trade radically easier. We’re a fast growing venture-backed startup with offices in Zurich and San Francisco.
Our infrastructure is already running on modern services and technologies - various AWS services, Docker, Terraform, CircleCI, etc and is fully automated.
What you'll do:
* Work closely with product management, and engineers to gather requirements and plan infrastructure changes
* Build infrastructure for new projects like public APIs, Analytics, 3rd party integrations, Batch Processing, Automations, etc
* Helping us build out our cloud infrastructure and operation practices as we scale up
* Manage Production environment on AWS
* Define and track metrics to monitor, improve reliability and MTTR, etc
* Resolve production issues together with the engineering team
Who you are:
* Experience with high concurrency servers running on JVM
* Deep understanding of cloud architecture and application deployment on AWS
* 2+ years hands-on experience operating production environments - ideally via Infrastructure as code (IaC) with Terraform or Cloudformation.
* Good understanding of technologies such as Docker, Nginx, Postgres, JVM, Node
* Ability to work both independently and with teammates in a fast moving environment
* Strong analytical and design skills, and attention to the details
* Familiarity with Node and its ecosystem
* Competitive salary
* Impactful work that will help lay the foundation for future projects