Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a low carbon economy.
We run programmes for students, startups and innovators across Europe in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose & Responsibilities of the Role
The Startup Accelerator in the DACH geography is one of Climate-KIC’s most successful programmes with startups raising over €m100 per year in funding. The Accelerator Manager Zurich is accountable for the delivery of the programme in Switzerland in strong collaboration with her/his colleagues in Germany and Austria
• Be the first point of contact for all Swiss startups motivated to join Climate-KIC’s Accelerator Programme
• Establish a nationwide outreach campaign to attract applications from the very best founders in the field
• Manage the startup pipeline and the competitive selection process ensuring the most promising ventures enter the programme
• Monitor startup progression and initiate appropriate supportive actions
• Further develop a curriculum addressing the needs of the participating startups and oversee the implementation of it through contractors and partners
• Ensure continued and measurable high quality outputs of the programme
• Collaborate with the four other locations in Germany and Austria in developing, prototyping and introducing new programme elements for ideation/pipeline management, coaching/mentoring, community management, acceleration
• Oversee the planning and scheduling of two programme rounds per year
• Organise and administer events, e.g. startup pitch sessions, trainings, community events
• Document the implementation of the programme and its KPIs to report back to its funders
• Oversee programme performance assessment and year-end reporting
• Develop and lead operational excellence initiatives to improve internal processes
Business Development, Relationship Management & Fundraising
• Manage relationships with implementation partners and external stakeholders
• Support a vibrant community of alumni, investors, partners and mentors around the programme
• Represent Climate-KIC and its Accelerator programme in public, events, Universities, etc.
• Engage in the creation of new income streams based on the startup programme, e.g. through corporates, foundations, investors
Required Background & Qualifications
• University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in business administration or another relevant field
• More than 3 years of work experience in business development, startup acceleration, or strategy consulting
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Deep understanding of innovation management and entrepreneurship, ideally with hands-on experience working in a startup or as an angel/venture investor
• Understanding of the drivers and impacts of climate change, challenges in the fields of energy, (e-)mobility, circular economy etc. are a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of the Swiss startup ecosystem is a plus
• Experience and ability to work in a complex, multi-disciplinary work environment
• Fluency in English and German
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across Europe. Please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
Applications should reach email@example.com by close of business on 12 November 2017. Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.