Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
The internship should ideally start in June/July 2020 and last 6 months.
• To provide process and technical capability in support of development projects for the optimization and scale up of chemical processes for the production of new active substances and intermediates.
• To assist with the development of new tools to support process development
• To work under the guidance and supervision of Syngenta Staff
• To carry out activities in strict compliance with Syngenta HSE policy and general instructions
• To provide concepts, ideas and detailed work plans for the completion of tasks and activities
• Determine/define experimental methodologies, participate in risk assessment and to implement independently in laboratory.
• Accurately record data using Syngenta ELN or other reporting tool as required and to ensure the data is available for future users
• To report findings, results and projects clearly and appropriately (written reports, powerpoint presentations, verbal communications and poster sessions)
• To maintain confidentiality of Syngenta data.
Critical success factors & key challenges:
Enquiring and questioning approach
Enthusiastic and proactive engagement with laboratory teams, engineers, chemists and analytical staff.
Orientation towards problem solving
Keenness to learn
Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
Organic Synthesis background is a must
Experience in transition metal complex synthesis would be a significant strength
Knowledge in Computational chemistry would be a benefit
Knowledge/Awareness of data analysis/modelling would be a benefit
Presentational/report writing skills
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
Student in process of completing or possession of a masters degree in Organic Chemistry.
Reasonable spoken and written English. At least one of spoken German or spoken French. Ability to communicate within a German speaking environment is a strength.
Communicative outlook. Listens well and ready to learn and understand technical situations.
Effective planning with flexibility to respond to changing situation and uncertainty
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Laboratory Skills: Strong
Math science (modelling etc): Basic
Data science (and visualization): Basic
What we offer:
With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people -> #briningplantpontentialtolife
Possibility to grow and internal opportunities within Syngenta
A responsible work with interesting challenges
An open and pleasant working environment
Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Are you interested? We are expecting your application online!
: CHE-Muenchwilen-Muenchwilen AG
: HR Gnrl Mgt & Other
No job offers found
Unfortunately, no job offers have been found for your search. Please change your search criteria, or save the search as a search request to be informed of new jobs by email.