In this collaborative and diverse role, the Sustainability Coordinator will work closely with internal and external stakeholders in the field of sustainability for the Zinc/Copper Department. This role will report directly to the Zinc/Copper Sustainability Manager.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Engage with various external as well as internal stakeholders, worldwide assets, marketing and corporate on customer/market requirements, questionnaires, LBMA, LME, etc.
- Support in engaging with industry initiatives (net zero roadmaps etc.) and industry associations
- Assist sustainability/carbon reporting projects and various internal working groups
- Support with the implementation of new policies and standards for the department.
- Support the supply chain due diligence processes.
- Data collection and analysis, data base creation etc.
- Assist on any ad-hoc tasks as required by the department.
- Stay up to date with public policies´ (governmental and regulatory) development on sustainability topics, particularly around climate change, responsible sourcing, Europe/REACH etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Degree from a university or business school, experience in the commodity industry and/or sustainability area.
- Familiarity with sustainability/environmental data and reporting, including greenhouse gases (GHG) is a plus
- Life cycle assessment experience and/or knowledge of carbon/GHG footprint reporting is a plus
- Fluency in English (corporate language)
The ideal candidate:
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and build strong network and relationships
- Brings with a learning mind set, is proactive and can influence and promote a positive culture.
- Excellent time management and organization skills and strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as in a team.
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical and financial well-being. From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest natural resources companies. Our operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites and oil production assets, employing 135,000 people directly and as contractors around the world.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc and nickel that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.