nsave SA (www.nsave.com) is a Swiss FinTech dedicated to offering safe and secure accounts and payment services for individuals in distressed economies. By providing safe accounts in Switzerland denominated in stable currencies like CHF and USD, nsave seeks to democratise access to trusted and safe financial services making them accessible to all, without discrimination.
Hi, we are nsave! Let us introduce ourselves...
Have you ever wondered whether you could access your money which you have in your checking or savings bank account? Or whether that money will lose 90% of its value within a single year? This is the reality people in Lebanon, Egypt, Argentina, and Turkey have faced in the past few years (and some continue to face). If only they had easy access to banking products located in safer economies where they can hold USD/CHF, millions would avoid these losses.
That's what nsave is doing. We help people from such places save USD/EUR/GBP in Switzerland without requiring them to deposit millions or physically be present in Switzerland. Users can open a nsave account with a smartphone and a passport and start using it to keep their savings. We are building a product that well balances delightful user experience, compliance with regulations, and reliable engineering infrastructure.
We are backed by prominent global and Swiss investors, including Sequoia Capital (lead), Y Combinator, Fondation Genevoise pour l'Innovation Technologique (FONGIT), and ACE & Company to name a few. These investors have previously backed industry giants like Facebook, Google, Airbnb, and Stripe and Swiss success stories such as Proton.
What we’re looking for
The role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of industry experience, believes in our mission and/or have personally faced the issue, has the relevant connections in our target markets, leadership, passion, and energy to build a new digital business in the financial services sector. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature, and a vast network in the financial services industry and startup ecosystem in our target jurisdictions.
The CEO will have primary responsibility for leading company operations, the overall growth strategy, organizational leadership, financial and organizational management, external communications, and marketing and sales efforts. They will also be responsible for the development and management of advisor and investor relationships. The CEO will also be responsible for providing the short term and long-term company vision as well as the development of the sales and marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience in successfully setting up compan(ies). In addition to being the face, voice and spirit of the company, the candidate must demonstrate a track record in financial services and technology.
- Executive management: Part of the executive team: Identify business-related opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services. Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures. Set goals for performance and growth. Make presentations to the board of directors.
- Leadership: Provide vision and leadership that attracts followers. Public relations, including evangelising technology entrepreneurship through public speaking, digital media, and representing the startup sector. Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization.
- Strategy and Planning: Develop short/long term company and product roadmap. Establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Build and motivate a world-class product, marketing and customer service team. Responsible for all elements of HR, employee compensation plans, and benefits. Develop a financial plan for the organization.
- Recruitment and Team building: Recruit, manage and mentor a top-class development team. Create a high performance, innovative, collaborative, continuous learning and improving technology culture. Build and lead an effective and cohesive executive management team to include all company employees, while establishing a basic personnel policy, initiating and monitoring policies relating to personnel actions and training and professional development programs.
- Stakeholder relationship: Lead relationships with partners/vendors & government. Establish strategic partnerships with other companies in order to reach the ambitious user growth targets.
- Compliance: Ensure company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices. Develop and direct safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches, fraud and compliance from a organisational perspective. Lead operational resilience strategy.
- Operational Management: Oversee operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances. Create and revise all content while building a world-class content development team. Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and employees. Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones to investors.
- Forward looking: Identify competitive advantages and business trends for the benefit of the company.
- Previous entrepreneurial experiences. A proven track record of working in finance business (payment processing, money movement, online banking, etc.) in a C-Suite/leadership role.
- Knowledge of Arabic is essential for this role. Ideal candidate will also have an in-depth lived experience in the target markets (Syria, Middle East, Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt) given the nature of the problem.
- 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced startup environment (start-up / strategy consulting / investment banking).
- Degree in public policy and/or governance from a world class university is essential due to the nature of this role.
- Subject matter expertise with a strong background in market definition with deep expertise across strategy, product, pricing, marketing and technology. Must have strong consulting experience.
Strong commercial acumen maintaining a keen focus on revenues, growth and profitability, combining strategic and analytical capabilities with a results-focused approach.
- Demonstrated success building a risk-based business (both strategy and execution)
- Experience with building, developing and growing channel life cycles
- Strong and demonstrable executive presence and relationship management skills
In addition to the technical evaluation as part of the hiring process, we care about hiring candidates who fit into our values. This means that we will look for signs that you align well with these values as part of hiring. We are:
- We are thoughtful and respectful to teammates and users. We earn respect and we give respect. When we disagree, we critique ideas not people.
- We are problem solvers. We are creative, curious, and are not afraid to fail.
- We over communicate. We make sure to facilitate access to information and give true, candour, and constructive feedback.
- Proud of our work
- We are proud of our impact. We are proud of our personal effort and work.
Job Type: FTE
This is a unique opportunity for a CEO to lead with vision on a project with unlimited potential. We offer a significant base as well as share incentives and a bonus. Standard other benefits apply.
Location preference: In person (need work authorisation in Switzerland)
Office location: Route de la Galaise 34 1228 Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland
Interview Process: This task will require an interview, interview details will be shared after shortlisting.
Time to hire: 2 months