Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
Become a part of our winning team at SMG.
We hire the best digital talents to meet the highest demands of our users and customers in Switzerland. In return, we offer you an attractive, innovative, friendly and fast-paced work environment where you can reach your full potential, achieve your goals, and your successes are celebrated.
Join us in this exciting role and support SMG as our new Data Product Owner.
Can you build bridges between the business and the data world?
Do you like to inspire the business with your data know-how?
Can you translate business needs into data use cases and lead them to success?
Then here is your opportunity to join SMG as a Data Product Owner.
These will be your responsibilities
- Product ownership of data products, meaning any application of data that is valuable to the business
- Proactive requirement analysis in conjunction with product teams and central departments
- Be proactive in the identification of opportunities to bring data together and onboard consumers to strategic data sources
- Further development, adaptation and support of existing data products (lifecycle management)
- Become a subject matter expert with respect to the operational data services and needs of the community of consumers of data and vertical teams
- Coordinate data teams and business teams to ensure realistic priorities are being set, analysis is conducted with measurable goals, non-experts can successfully interpret data presented and data-derived insights are put into appropriate action
- Apply data principles and challenge, where necessary, anything that may compromise the integrity, flexibility and quality of data services offered
We already know you're talented, but here are some other requirements for the role:
- You have a technical, analytical or scientific educational background (e.g. business information technology, data science) or comparable professional experience
- You have at least 2 years of (data) product management experience in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- You have experience in developing cloud (e.g. Google BigQuery) and business intelligence (e.g. Looker) infrastructures
- You can couple your strong business sense with a broad understanding of methodologies related to Analytics, BI, Data Science and AI/ML
- Demonstrates the technical knowledge to be able to engage with scrum teams
- Experience in data governance, data quality management & related business processes is a PLUS
- Knowledge in Python, SQL is a PLUS
Benefits you'll love
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons: explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, after-work-apéros, and regular company-wide events