A MongoDB DBA (or database administrator) is responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the MongoDB infrastructure.
The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from assigned projects, incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks which includes liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams like Unix, Windows, Storage and Networks.
We are looking for a DB Administrator responsible for day-to-day support/maintenance of the DB infrastructure. The role is accountable for providing L2/L3 technical support, from incident and problem managed to stability initiatives, life cycle projects and other BAU tasks, which include liaising with Engineering, partnering with peer teams Unix and Storage.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
• Enthusiastic to enrich own knowledge domain, self-driven and flexible to receive cross training to be able to serve other teams in the same department
• Able to work on a flexible schedule, which may be 24x5, 24x7, normal business hours, or may involve occasional weekend and evening work either on-call support or in other forms
• Ambitious about own career growth, willing to go the extra mile to support Cognizant growth
• A team player, ready to support team building activities
• Able to represent Cognizant in front of clients and stakeholders in a professional manner with a high level of diligence and behavior
• Responsible and compliant with Cognizant corporate processes
The selected candidate will be requested to:
• Perform troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of issues during production outages and provide resolution or workaround quickly to mitigate business impact. Help identify root cause.
• Setting up and supporting MongoDB installations in CH
• Planning, configuring and executing backups and disaster recovery tests
• Perform maintenance activities and changes on the infrastructure during regular planned dates and during scheduled major maintenance weekends
• Incident management and handling
• Act as technical lead for this technology, by documenting operating procedures, training colleagues, as well as assuming responsibility for Mongo DB - Operation Manager
• Working on performance tuning and optimization
• Supporting, as well as occasional end to end planning, co-ordination and execution of MongoDB projects individually as per the timeline, and providing consulting to applications
• Collaboration with monitoring team for setup of meaningful alerting
• Perform above tasks while at the same time adhering to project policies as established by the client around incident, problem and change management and best practices
• Exposure to work in a Critical and Complex Environment
• Database Life Cycle management project – Deployment, Configuration, Migration and Decommission.
• Commit to learning objectives, proactively enroll for training, complete them within or outside working hours as requested
• Solid MongoDB database administration knowledge and experience in MongoDB 2x/3x/4x
• Strong DBA performance tuning skills
• Experience in JSON code
• Experience with Sharding
• Experience with MongoDB Replication
• Experience in backup/recovery procedures
• Hands on experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
• Hands on experience in Linux environments
• Proficient in English
Good to have:
• Knowledge in similar NoSQL technologies
• MS SQL database administration
• Sybase database administration
• Oracle database administration
• PostgreSQL database administration
• Notions of Windows system administration
• Good knowledge of ITIL concepts
• Excellent interpersonal skills
What you can expect
- An organization driven by technology – We have a tremendous technology backbone
- Open, ‘can do’ team spirit
- An environment where you can make your own ideas reality
- You will be able to work with a team provide best-in-class cloud solutions for the intelligent workplace, applied innovation, and managed services
- Drive your own career
- Market conform benefits
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our many backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We looking for someone who drives in this setting and is inspired to craft significant solutions through true collaboration.
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.