About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 600 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
For our Hit-to-Lead Chemistry group, we are seeking a motivated Scientific Associate or Research Technician eager to enter the world of medicinal chemistry at Idorsia. The ideal candidate has a strong background in practical organic chemistry, supplemented by several years of experience in industry.
- Performing reactions on laboratory scale (mg to multi g)
- Synthesizing single compounds via multi-step sequences and preparing small compound libraries using parallel chemistry techniques and equipment
- Monitoring reaction progress and performing compound analysis using TLC, LC/MS, GC/MS, NMR
- Interpreting analytical data and taking appropriate action
- Purifying reaction products using standard techniques e.g. (automated) column chromatography, prep. HPLC, crystallization or distillation
- Maintaining clear and accurate records of experimental procedures (e-labjournal) for publication or patent filing in accordance with the company policy while maintaining high synthetic chemistry productivity
- Proposing alternative reaction conditions and synthesis pathways
- Summarizing the weekly progress
- Performing general lab duties
- Complying with relevant SOP's and maintaining a safe and organized work environment
- Higher education (BSc, MSc) specialized in organic synthesis or apprenticeship as laboratory technician with several years of experience in industry (applicants with a PhD will not be considered)
- Excellent skills in synthetic organic chemistry: reaction set-up under inert atmosphere, reaction monitoring, work-up, analysis including online monitoring, and isolation techniques
- Experience in parallel chemistry and library synthesis
- Routine use of modern methods to purify and characterize organic compounds (e.g. automated column chromatography, prep. HPLC, LC-MS, NMR, GC, etc.)
- Ability to plan and accurately document practical work
- Team player with good communication skills
- Hands-on in the lab with problem-solving skills
- Flexibility for changing work assignments
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Drug Discovery Chemistry
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 2852
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.