We are looking for a proactive, energetic Executive Assistant to join a privately owned company, internationally regarded as one of the leading companies in its field, that fosters a modern approach to work. The successful candidate must easily navigate a complex world while being solution-oriented, responsive to company needs, and rapidly reactive with situational appropriateness. The role requires the ability to execute decisions, network, and lead the office administratively. We are hiring immediately.
What to expect
- You'll work in an international setting with like-minded people in a mix of young and experienced colleagues that strive for quality, impact, and success.
- You'll embark on a career in a company that provides stimulating work and related guidance and support.
- You'll see your impact on how things are done and share in the opportunity to shape the company's future.
- You'll take responsibility for projects and work closely with other departments to the benefit of the company.
- You will have the opportunity to be in touch with senior leaders, external partners, key stakeholders, and investors, where you'll develop a diverse skill base and fully contribute to the business.
Your job will combine regular administrative tasks and increasingly relevant stakeholder interactions. Like everyone else in the company, you will eventually impact the lives of patients in dire need of new therapies. It is your responsibility to work independently, be effective as well as find innovative ways of managing the job, which include:
- Managing the CEO’s office
- Supporting HR-related matters (no specific education required)
- Executing company-wide administrative projects for operational efficiency
- Supporting investor & media relations
- Assisting the Chairman and supporting the Board of Directors meetings
What matters to us is your attitude to work: An all-embracing understanding of the big picture and willingness to get involved and get the job done. Quality is crucial, and you know exactly where no mistakes can be allowed, be it a pitch presentation or interaction with the investors. You ensure that PowerPoint presentations are of top quality. So, this exciting role is an opportunity to grow and develop your skills further.
Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to
Your personal and professional qualifications
- Managing complex calendaring, facilitating the integration and prioritization of business activities, and creating win-win situations for direct access to your manager's time.
- Organizing internal and external (leadership) meetings, committees, client visits, and events, including drafting agendas, information packs, and the creation of meeting minutes.
- Managing the CEO's inbox.
- Coordinating the executive's outreach and ensuring he is prepped for any media interviews and video conferences; applying independent thought in the execution of duties and determining appropriate courses of action or response.
- Work closely with other key functions (e.g., CFO, Legal) to ensure synergy between the agendas and act as a «barometer,» sensitive to issues in the environment, and keep your manager updated.
- Supporting business planning to ensure the progress on key priorities.
- Managing additional duties, enhancing quality, and fostering a strong team spirit.
- Commercial degree, bachelor's degree, or equivalent education coupled with 8+ years of relevant executive assistant experience supporting C-suite members.
- Fluency in English and German is required. Other languages are advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Suite and collaboration tools (Teams, Zoom).
- Incredibly organized with the ability to prioritize seamlessly and not get bogged down on unnecessary details.
- A terrific work ethic and an ever-positive, get-it-done attitude focused on execution, avoiding ambiguity.
- Agile and must enjoy working in a very results-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Emotionally mature with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport.
- A forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Loyal with a diplomatic nature and respect for confidentiality.
The company is particularly fast-paced, and you will gain incredible insight into how an innovative, exciting, high-growth company is run. There will be many opportunities to get involved in project work and other initiatives across the business. To apply for this role, please forward a cover letter telling us what makes you the optimal candidate, together with your resume, references, and educational diploma, quoting Ref. «EA-Basel-2023»
at Write an email
Barnickel & Fellows | Talstrasse 58 | CH-8001 Zurich | +41 44 243 86 68