Database / Unix System AdministratorJob Req ID
Zurich, SwitzerlandJob Type
Apply NowSave Job
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
This position is an integral part of Core Infrastructure Services (CIS). CIS is responsible for defining solutions, deploying, and operating infrastructure technology services for Application Hosting and/or End Users. This function is focused on standardization, automation and lean methods to achieve best-in-class service and cost while being aligned to our sectors and regions for speed and responsiveness.
In CTI we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
- Provide guidance and direction in area of Oracle infrastructure technology specialization to support platforms and sectors
- Apply the discipline of engineering to deliver critical Oracle DB platform support and optimize platform/sector functionality
- Fully understand, support, and define platform and areas supported to minimize risks and impact to customers,
- Review issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, ensuring that status and technical matters are reported to management in a timely manner
- Utilize skillset to provide support, trouble-shooting and performance-tuning within Oracle DB technical domain
- Support the creation and implementation of system improvements that will improve performance and reliability while maintaining controls
- Work closely with our App partners for new projects from initiation to production cutover. Identify cost saving opportunities & implement creative DB solutions for clients (collaborate with Infrastructure Delivery team as needed)
- Take the lead on global DBA-related initiatives, ensuring they are tracked and reported in a timely manner
- Engage with Application Production Support and Development seniors to ensure stability and operational standards are followed across the estate
- Provide guidance and direction to less senior Team members, ensuring they can develop further and help the Team to grow
- Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Work effectively with virtual and remote team members exercising critical thinking to resolve issues and presenting technical findings accurately to internal customers and leadership
- Act as a liaison between various CTI businesses providing direction and support to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
- Core Role Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Applies in-depth/comprehensive knowledge of Oracle database administration domain to assume responsibility for large, complex system(s) / initiatives.
- Team Leadership: Experienced in leading and putting together a diverse team to accomplish a difficult task and/or handle a high-stakes business issue/s. Establishes organization support for team (positive relationships with leaders, sponsors and partners)
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Constantly surveying what's around you - CTI, Citi, industry, customers and competitors. Uses this knowledge to guide actions.
- Strategic Orientation: Accurately anticipates future trends and implications. Sees the big picture, considers future scenarios. Understands the goals, priorities, and strategies of the organization and how they relate to customers/stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen: Identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and identify trends, and makes decisions considering the bottom line.
- Processes/Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
- Managing Innovation: Identifies assumptions and sees alternative ways to view or define problems. Is not constrained by thoughts or approaches of others. Views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches and solutions and can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Effective Communication: Leads communications on major change / initiative. Evidence of careful planning of the strategic messages, writing of presentation/report, consideration of challenging messages that need to be conveyed, and execution of that plan to achieve desired outcome. Keeps audience engaged and frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectation.
Skills / Experience Levels
- You have multiple years of experience in your area of infrastructure technology specialization, preferably in a comparable technology or financial institutions organization.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate clearly in high stress situations
- You enjoy learning and love sharing your knowledge with others
- You work independently and are self-directed.
- You are a detail oriented and perseverant individual
- You have a positive attitude with the drive to get the work done
- You enjoy collaborating with others, and working as part of a cross discipline team.
- You’re a self-starter with good problem solving skills, and you continuously look for ways to improve things.
- You understand the importance of prioritization of your work.
- Providing a great experience to the users of your platform is important to you.
- You have skills and proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access or other analytical tools
- You have fluent English language
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Apply NowSave Job