The opportunity:Business Finance Analyst
At HSBC, we’re a trusted international organisation with a global customer base of around 39 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 62 countries and territories. In Europe, our ambition is to become the leading international wholesale bank and we need talent like you to help us meet our ambition. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or in an exciting new direction—we offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Are you interested ? Do you have Finance experience ? Do you enjoy to be part of a cohesive team ?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to hear from you !
What you will do:
The role holder will work on multiple topics:
- In the framework of a wider Finance project that aims to transfer the Net Interest Income calculation tools to an IT supported solution, documentation of the IT specifications by reverse engineering the code of the existing tools.
- Monitoring of the daily the net interest income by business lines, Lending, deposit, Markets Treasury, and Capital.
- Providing support on Product Control (P&L monitoring and analysis), ALM (interest rate risk management) and Business Finance (forecast and budgeting) related topics.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on net interest margins to drive insightful analysis and improve business performance.
- Monitoring of Key Risk Indicators and exceptions reports.
- Implementation and maintenance of the fund transfer pricing (FTP) principles in the P&L NII calculation tool.
- Participation in the FTP policy reviews.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, for example, accounting, business management, risk or investment teams, for data information and analysis.
Management of Risk:
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensure all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Work at pace in a demanding, high intensity environment with multiple stakeholder to manage.
- Be able to cover a wide range of financial matters, from P&L to interest rate risk management, adhoc analysis and projects.
- Partner with the other Finance teams to achieve a strong understanding and monitoring of the net interest income margins.
Observation of Internal Controls:
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Qualifications - External
You should apply if you have:
- University graduate in IT or Finance.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL server, MS Access and VBA. Python is a plus.
- Understanding of interest rate risk, net interest margin, Treasury function, ALM principles.
- Accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in complex and multi-functional project delivery led in agile mode.
- Proven record in working in an international environment, demonstrating strong analytical skills and a commercial mind set.
- Proven team working and change management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to manage multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
- Mind set of continuous improvement and aiming for excellence.
- Effective business partner capable of operating at senior levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of major aspects of interest rate risk management and their dynamics.
- Consistently demonstrate integrity, fairness and professional conduct.
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit.
Even if you feel you do not meet 100% of our qualifications, we encourage you to apply, if you believe this role is right for you.
What you’ll get in return
We’ll help you progress your career, including access to development programmes, mentoring and coaching, as well as world-class training through HSBC University.
You can work your way and will have a say in when, where and how you and your team flexibly work together.
Our benefits will give you financial security, and can include:
- Health & meal allowance, public transport or (e-)bike allowance.
- Our family-focused benefits can help you to support your loved ones and include: days off for key events (weddings, moving house, adoption). A one-time marriage or registering of a "Civil.
- Partnership" grant. One-time premium for birth or adoption, as "gift" or "voucher. 4 weeks’ paternity leave & 26 weeks’ maternity leave.
- Emergency Childcare with the Red Cross, free of charges for HSBC employees.
- Purchased holidays scheme, unpaid leave, sabbatical, Volunteering Leave.
- Accident insurance (private coverage) paid by the Employer, attractive Pension Scheme.
We’ll give you a huge range of resources that support your mental, physical and social well-being, including:
- Various sports and leisure activities organised by the employees for the employees.
- The Bank offers to the employees and their family members specialised free, confidential service to help them deal with any personal problems – either at work or at home. Unlimited telephone consultations services available 24/7.
- You’ll have opportunities to work internationally - this can be your place to start and branch out to anywhere we have offices.
- You’ll be able to join our Employee Resource Groups that bring together colleagues with shared characteristics and common interests.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference n°: 0000JNVJ