For our international medical partner, Roche Diagnostics Int Ltd. based in Rotkreuz, we are looking for a qualified and motivated Human Factors Engineer for one year with option for extension.
Roche Diagnostics Global Customer Experience and Solution Design Team (CXSD team) is looking for a passionate Human Factors Engineer (HFE) to redefine Roche User Interface and Product design and transform the Healthcare industry for the better. At CXSD you will join an international group of designers that serve our purpose to bring the voice of customers to the core of Roche Diagnostics decisions by designing and enabling a seamless patient-centric experience across our portfolio of products and services. You'll be part of building design maturity for Roche with peers who are passionate, energetic and caring in a connected, multicultural, highly motivated team.
As a Human Factors Engineer you will play a key role in the development of the next generation of medical devices that can diagnose critical diseases. You will be responsible to orchestrate and document studies aimed to provide insights for the development team to improve the design as well as to provide objective evidence that the design outputs of a certain phase in the product development life-cycle are meeting all requirements. As part of the HFE team you will play a key role in assisting the project teams assess the quality and quantity of Human Factors work required to pass internal milestones and ultimately gain acceptance from regulatory bodies.
- Be the voice of Roche patients and users in every product related discussion
- Analyze user profiles, tasks, hazard-related use scenarios, usability risks and requirements
- Responsible for creating medical device usability deliverables according to IEC 62366 and the FDAs guidance on Human Factors Engineering
- Create and facilitate workshops with the product teams to gather system-level information and to coordinate the design deliverables
- Plan formative and summative usability studies and coordinate external suppliers in the process
- Prepare, maintain and review Usability Engineering Files for multiple products
- Advocate for safety, efficacy, accessibility, quality and usability for end-users at Roche Diagnostics
- Provide guidance and mentorship to more junior designers supporting them on professional development, output and productivity
- MSc in Industrial Engineering, Human Factors Engineering or other related technical field
- 7+ years experience in applied Human Factor Engineering and in Design Control Management
- Experience in the Usability Engineering process for medical devices
- Experienced in planning, executing and documenting usability studies in the medical field
- Good knowledge of ISO 14971, IEC 62304
- Experience collecting and analyzing physiological and behavioral data
- Experience in creating, facilitating and analyzing workshops with customers and stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate know-how, experiences, ideas, solutions and deliverables effectively and persuasively
Nice to Haves
- Other languages are a big plus
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and submit your complete application documents online today.
We also process applications by post, but will not return them for administrative reasons. We look forward to hearing from you!
Pharma + Chemie + Life Science