As a Project and Portfolio Manager in the Data & Insights team, you will orchestrate a portfolio of projects focused on progressing Valora on its way to become a data-driven company. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that data projects align with organizational goals but also develop and lead key initiatives yourself.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of data and insights projects, including definition of project objectives, scopes, and timelines
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all business units to prioritize projects based on business impact and strategic alignment
- Develop project plans, allocate resources, and oversee project execution: Monitor progress, identify risks, and implement mitigation strategies
- Act as Product Owner for analytics products in agile project teams, coordinate and align business, IT and data science contributors
- Ensure that data projects adhere to best practices in data governance, data quality, and security in collaboration with relevant experts and teams
- Act as an ambassador to advance Valora's data and insights strategy. Communicate project status and outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders
Key skills / requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent working experience; a Master's degree or a project management certification is a plus
- Proven experience as a Project and/or Portfolio Manager, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in managing data and insights projects and/or strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of advanced analytics, data management, analytics, and insights generation - experience in the retail environment is a plus
- Excellent project management skills, including proficiency in project management tools, agile methods and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong leadership and team management skills in a matrix organization. Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Experience in agile methods is a plus
- English and German language at professional working proficiency
What we offer
- Open-minded and solution-oriented working culture with flat hierarchies and highly skilled colleagues with various backgrounds to learn from
- A culture centered on learning and growth where we make sure we take all our team members' viewpoints into account
- A collaborative working atmosphere in an innovative environment where everybody is empowered to follow a steep learning curve
- Competitive salary and flexible working hours with the possibility for partial home / remote working
- State-of-the art hardware and software to work in a modern office space
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively strive for a diverse and balanced team.
For this reason, we encourage you to hand in your CV without profile picture, name or any other indicators of gender or race.