Our client is a non-profit organization (Foundation) headquartered in Basel, enabling people and businesses to make smarter, less costly, and more reliable decisions about whom to do business with and managing a network of global partners. The foundation is backed by a Regulatory Oversight Committee, representing public authorities from around the globe that have come together to jointly drive transparency within the global financial markets. The Board members are from the world's largest economies, including those of developing nations and the EU. Immediate hire.
Occasional global travel required
The role focuses on delivering first-class support service to an international Board of Directors (BoD) and its committees - taking ownership of the annual board meeting cycle and all aspects of the facilitation of such, working closely with the Chairman and the General Counsel. If you are experienced in administering meetings, devising agendas, and taking minutes, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. We are looking for an experienced assistant, equally passionate about the work and motivated by ensuring accuracy and efficiency, with a genuine interest in board and committee structures.
What you will be doing
- Organizing Board- and Committee meetings (mainly virtual) across different time zones with the Chair through planning, coordination, and control activities taking account of interdependencies between meetings and members' availability. Preparing draft agendas based on the annual cycle and working with the BoD and committee chairs to finalize and issue the agenda to meeting members.
- Attending key meetings approx. two to four times/year, e.g., USA, Europe, Asia, and Africa as the head administrator, supporting the smooth running on-site.
- Producing formal meeting minutes and background papers, drafting documents and presentations, conducting research, and maintaining an effective activity tracking system.
- Keeping records on file using a board portal management software. Maintaining all board papers in a manner that allows documents to be accessed and retrieved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serving as the administrative liaison to the BoD and executives, providing a bridge for smooth communication; demonstrating control to maintain credibility, trust, and support.
- Assisting the Chairman and Committee Chairs with all aspects of the Board’s succession program, such as drafting application forms and coordinating the interview and selection processes of candidates.
- Keeping contact records up to date, managing expenses, and preparing for the General Counsel’s approval.
- Building relationships and coordinating operational matters tasked by the CEO or General Counsel.
- Maintaining a knowledge base and a reporting framework according to applicable rules & regulations.
- Deputizing CEO’s Executive Assistant during absences.
First and foremost, you can work autonomously on tasks and manage your workload to ensure that all relevant deadlines are met. Understanding corporate law and governance best practices would be helpful. In any case, you must feel comfortable serving as a go-to resource for the board members.
What is offered
- You are a Swiss | EU passport holder and are domiciled in Switzerland.
- Commercial apprenticeship or B.A. Degree; having worked as EA, Legal Secretary, Paralegal, or similar.
- 5+ years in an international corporation or law firm, company secretarial/boardroom support, or experience working at a foundation are considered a plus; the same applies to basic knowledge of corporate governance.
- English is either the native language or at a proficiency level.
- Proficient user of MS Office-Suite (Mac) and collaboration tools (Zoom); board portal management software experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to manage shifting priorities; process and deadline-oriented.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy; a person of integrity; steadfast, reliable, and discreet.
- Exceptional people skills, high social competence, cross-functional solid communication, and confidence in managing relationships with tact and diplomacy.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and proactive; willing to work independently and with limited supervision.
- A family-friendly, remote position in an inclusive organization with flexible hours, except peak times during board and committee meetings.
- Professional development within a multicultural organization.
- iMac workstation with two displays, iPhone & MacBook.
- 25 days holiday.
- A competitive benefit package; eligibility for an annual performance bonus; Swiss pension scheme.
- Onboarding process in Germany; «get to know the organization».
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. If this role sounds like it was made for you, please send your application, including cover letter, resume, references, and educational diploma to Click to send email
ref. «Board Secretary»
Barnickel & Fellows | Talstrasse 58 | 8001 Zurich | +41 44 269 50 25