Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Visual & Botanical Ingredients Category Manager f/m/d
As a Category Manager for our Active Beauty division, you will drive the portfolio of visual and botanical ingredients and manage the portfolio with your different stakeholders. You will contribute to the growth of the business by leading product customization projects for customers, and by training and supporting sales and distributors. You will also identify new business opportunities for the category.
Reporting to our Head of Specialties, you will:
- Be the subject matter expert for the market of the Visuals and Botanicals (extracts and oils) category, through competition survey, analysis of market trends and review of customers' demands.
- Coordinate the custom developments and the global launches of new Visuals, in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders (Head of Specialties, Operations, RAPS, Pricing, Sales, Communication, ...).
- Optimize the Active Beauty Visuals and Botanicals portfolio, by managing the number of references (additions, deletions) and evolving the existing references to meet the regulatory evolutions.
- Maintain and improve the quality of Botanicals portfolio to answer customers' expectations in terms of traceability, quality, sustainability with the support of procurement, agronomist and sustainability stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the business growth of the Visuals and Botanicals category (turnover and profitability):
- Promote the Visuals and Botanicals portfolio, preparing marketing and technical materials and delivering training and communication to distributors and sales team, strengthening the awareness on these ingredients and on our capabilities.
- Support regional sales, key account managers and distributors with marketing, scientific and technical information relating to the category as required and visiting customers
- Ensure Category Marketing activity is consistent with Active Beauty branding and Positioning as well as the Givaudan brand
You will manage a laboratory manager.
The role can be based in our Volketswill (CH) or Argenteuil (FR) office.
- Bachelor's degree; in scientific or technical field
- 5 + years experience in B2B business/marketing and knowledge of B2C marketing
- Experience in cosmetic ingredients or personal care market
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience in managing people in a laboratory
- Annual paid leave
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Public transportation support