400+ associates working globally in TRD-NCE-ARD to deliver on our strong development portfolio.
Analytical Research & Development (ARD) is within the Global Technical R&D department of Global Drug Development. ARD plays an essential role in the characterization and analysis of small molecule drug substances and drug products from the time they leave the discovery laboratory until the transfer to commercial production.
We are looking for a highly motivated analytical scientist with analytical background to join the Powders & Disperse Systems Team within Analytical Material Science Team (AMS) in Basel.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, design and perform experiments to characterize pharmaceutical micro- and nanosuspensions, including illustration, interpretation and reporting of results
- Develop and validate QC methods for particle and powder characterization to analyze drug products, drug substances and excipients
- Provide raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation of scientific experiments with high focus on quality
- Meet quality, quantity and timelines in all assigned projects
- Actively contribute to analytical method transfer to other development sites, production or contract laboratories
- Contribute to maintenance of infrastructure and equipment
- Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, Quality Directives, Health and Safety (HSE) regulations and internal Novartis guidelines
- Technical education (HTL, FH) or BS / MS in analytical chemistry or equivalent
- 1 -2 years' minimum proven experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferred in analytical development in the field of QC and/or particle characterization
- Good scientific or technical knowledge in analytical science, in particular in QC and particle/powder characterization techniques
- Good knowledge in English and German (oral and in writing)
- Ability to perform in a highly dynamic environment
Applicants should have a keen interest in dealing with various analytical techniques and questions, enjoy communicating with internal and external partners and demonstrate a team-oriented, independent, analytical way of working.