The Ecole d’Humanite´ is a progressive, international boarding school with a long tradition of holistic education. For our unique learning community we are looking for a:
You Can Make a Difference:
Seeking a theater director who is also certified in secondary English. You will use creative, hands-on approaches to inspire young people through participatory activities and lessons. In small learning groups with an average of six students, and teaching only three academic classes each morning, you will respond to the individual needs of students and create a framework for conveying your chosen content in a clear and exciting way.
You will share responsibility for a small house of students and, depending on experience you will complement our holistic learning goals in the co-curricular afternoon program. This could be through courses you offer in handcrafts, sports, music, art, or other special interest.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrated experience directing a full production play or musical at least once per year
- Experience designing and delivering engaging, hands-on lessons to students in grades 8-12
- Familiarity with Common Core
- Ability to teach AP® Lang or Lit as well as English thematic courses to a range of ages and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience differentiating lessons and text for students with varying academic and language skills
- A valid teaching credential as well as a university degree in English or theater
- Willingness to be an active member of a small, close-knit community, including working as a boarding family head and supporting in the co-curricular area.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A dynamic and varried role with scope for initiative, creativity and new ideas
- An international and people-focused working environment where training and development are given the higest priority.
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to Write an email.