Investor Program Manager
ETH Entrepreneurship stands as the epicenter of innovation within the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), where groundbreaking ideas take flight. Dedicated to propelling the entrepreneurial journey, this dynamic hub empowers students, researchers, and alumni to bridge academic brilliance with real-world impact. Whether guiding startups through the intricacies of spinoffs or supporting the commercialization of pioneering research, ETH Entrepreneurship fuels a vibrant community committed to shaping the future of technology, business, and economics. With a focus on mentorship, collaborative partnerships, and impactful programs, ETH Entrepreneurship not only contributes to the growth of startups within the ETH Zurich community but also plays a vital role in advancing Switzerland's entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The ETH Entrepreneurship "Investor Club" Program is being developed as a platform designed to facilitate connections between investors and recognized ETH spinoffs. The program will aim to support the ongoing fundraising efforts of ETH spinoffs and implement a due diligence process for VCs participating in the club. Through relationship management, the program seeks to establish connections between VCs and established spinoffs. Committed to knowledge exchange, the program will provide advisory support to both existing spinoffs and ETH researchers. The initiative will also extend its impact into the community by supporting events and recognizing contributions through awards to dedicated VCs, solidifying its commitment to nurturing an ecosystem at the intersection of academia and entrepreneurship.
As a vital member of the ETH Entrepreneurship team, your core responsibility will revolve around spearheading the development and management of the Investor Club. Specifically, you will be tasked with overseeing the creation of a sophisticated platform designed to facilitate connections between investors and recognized ETH Spinoffs. In addition to this, your role extends to managing various aspects of the platform, including design, functionality, and user experience, with the ultimate goal of optimizing its effectiveness in facilitating interactions between investors and ETH Spinoffs.
However, it's important to note that your role goes beyond technical aspects. You will also be tasked with the routine duty of conducting due diligence, specifically on venture capitalists (VCs) expressing interest in participating in the Investor Club, ensuring their legitimacy. While due diligence will involve other officials at ETH Zurich, you play a pivotal role in driving and overseeing the process, with the responsibility to ensure its completion. Additionally, you'll be engaged in the everyday task of building and maintaining relationships with investors and ETH Spinoffs, requiring consistent communication to keep stakeholders informed about progress.
Furthermore, as a startup advisor, you will offer insights to guide the growth of ETH Spinoffs and researchers, assisting in their positioning within the market. Additionally, you will coordinate community events to encourage collaboration, and host an awards program to recognize investor contributions towards ETH Spinoffs. Importantly, your role will involve leveraging connections with ETH-affiliated individuals and research labs, contributing to the program's integration within the ETH Zurich community. In essence, your role is poised to be instrumental in the gradual shaping of the success of ventures emerging from ETH Zurich's entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- A Master's degree or higher in management, economics, business administration, or a closely related field
- Additionally, a Bachelor's degree in a technical background, such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related field, demonstrating a unique blend of expertise in both management and technical disciplines is required
- Proven experience in building and governing internal innovation platforms for renowned organizations or corporates, showcasing expertise in fostering an environment conducive to innovation
- Extensive experience within the entrepreneurial ecosystem of ETH Zurich, including interactions with ETH Spinoffs and initiating projects for the Swiss startup landscape
- Previous hands-on experience or internships in a startup, specifically in a product/portfolio management role is required
- Experience in leading or organizing startup/investor-related events
- Demonstrated success in coordinating collaborative academic programs that foster a strong connection between the ETH Community and the entrepreneurship landscape
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems proactively
- Self-initiating projects
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information
- Proven ability to thrive in diverse and international settings, reflecting adaptability and cultural acumen in professional engagements
Working, teaching and research at ETH Zurich
- Training opportunities
- Perspectives for career development
- Support programmes (e.g. mentoring) and networks
- Your (team) culture and team composition
- Working environment and employment conditions
- Your commitment to diversity (e.g. flexible working hours, possibility for part-time work, home office)
We value diversity
In line with our values
, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website
to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Personal CV
- Motivational Letter
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about ETH Entrepreneurship can be found on our website. Questions regarding the position should be directed in the entrepreneurship inbox: Write an email (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
About ETH Zürich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.