The Portfolio Solutions IT team works at the very heart of its International Wealth Management.
We are responsible for the development and maintenance of the key advisory systems in the bank, which are in use on a global scale within the bank.
We manage a complex application landscape including professional investment portfolio construction tools and mobile applications used during client meetings.
We also leverage modern portfolio optimization techniques to automate parts of the investment advice and offer a rich set of analyses to evaluate the investments of our clients.
The relationship managers guide the clients through an advisory process with the help of our applications,
enabling our client advisors to understand the clients' goals, define an appropriate investment strategy,
monitor the impact and performance of the investments and comply with all the regulatory requirements.
We continuously extend the functionality of our applications to meet the latest business needs.
In 2020 we plan to further improve our global footprint with exciting new initiatives.
- Take over a technical lead role within one delivery team
- Coach other engineers and support the team in utilizing developers individual expertise efficiently
- Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions observing best practices and principles
- Participate actively in peer reviews, code walkthroughs etc.
- Design and contribute to prepare architectural decisions and deliver accurate detailed estimations
- Write high quality technical specification and create visualizations / technical artifacts when needed
- Support other disciplines like architecture and requirements engineering when needed
- Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (e.g., requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
The IT projects in the Portfolio Solutions department are lead implemented by several delivery teams (some located onsite in Zurich and other located offshore). Each team consists of 7 to 10 team members and is independent, covering all the disciplines, from requirement engineering, to development, until testing. The delivery teams are supported by a central infrastructure team and by the program leads.
This role will be part of one of our onsite delivery teams.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- The complexity and very dynamic nature of the projects in our area require a fast adaptation attitude
- The chance (but also the challenge) to work closely with business representatives to shape new business solutions
- Deliver high quality software solutions coping with challenging timelines and a dynamic environment
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master (preferred) in Information Technology or Engineering
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- A self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice
- Ability to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines including the ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects
- Excellent team player
- Very good communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming patterns and principles with very good Java know-how (5+ years) in an enterprise context
- Experience (3+ years, preferably in an enterprise context) in solution design and architecture
- Strong software design and modeling skillset including UML know-how
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Experience of best-practices in an enterprise development environment (e.g., test-driven development, continuous integration, source code control)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- You should be a dynamic, results oriented individual who can handle an exciting environment and react quickly to changing client needs
- Banking know-how: Financial Instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management processes, advisory process and regulations (e.g., MiFiD II)
- Proven experience on large projects and on large scale, performance sensitive software systems
- Performance analysis and tuning skillset (UI as well as backend)
- Proven line/people management experience
- German is a plus
Candidate Value Proposition:
Get the opportunity to work in a very dynamic and challenging environment, as well as directly contribute to the creation of the next generation digital capabilities in the financial sector, especially in the area of portfolio solutions and advisory services. Additionally, work together with motivated and talented colleagues by leading the transition of the bank towards state of the art technologies.
If you would like to apply for this position please respond by sending your latest CV with two relevant reference letters to email@example.com
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Java AND Architect AND angular AND portfolio
TEKsystems provides technology staffing and services, helping businesses deploy high-calibre IT and communications expertise under a range of delivery options including Staffing Services, Team Services, Global Services, and Workforce Management Services. Weve become a billion-dollar services company by continually building on what we do best blending superior client service with an unrivalled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Our offerings address various applications, infrastructure, and communications needs including technology deployment services, enterprise software support services, and asset management services. TEKsystems is a division of Allegis Group Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Allegis Group Inc., the fourth largest staffing company in the world. Allegis Group Ltd is an Employment Business and Agency.