Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Global Claims & Registration Director - Your future position?
In this new role, you will develop and implement the strategy for Claims, safety, and registration at the Health & Nutritional Globally and Nutritional Institute. You will determine the best strategy for Claims & Registration based on Clinical Studies per Country/Area. Moreover, you will establish the investment in Safety tests needs per item registration depending on the geography and support investments recommendations for Health and Nutritional. You will be part of a supportive, diverse and responsible team that is already curious to meet you. You will report directly to the Global Head of Regulatory.
This role can be based in any site in Europe with a preference in Kemptthal Switzerland.
- Lead global Regulatory Claims & Registrations in a matrix team of experts and manage relationships with our customers and service providers ( Health Authorities)
- Identify talent within the organization to ensure depth of talent and succession plan
Regulatory Support and Interaction
- Partner for Science and Technology and other Stakeholders to facilitate the Health and Nutritional Claims and registration of creative products and technologies (from ideation to commercialization)
- Lead the interaction related to regulatory Health and Nutritional Claims and Registrations between Science and Technology, Regional PSRA, and other global Stakeholder (e.g. GLobal portfolio Managers, Marketing)
- Manage efforts in providing relevant data needed to support the global registrations application and being the liaison between assigned Science and Technology project teams and Scientific Affairs
- Develop a global framework of regulatory procedures to ensure compliant business practice
- Support the Innovation team in the development of data policies for Compliance Engine inclusion based on the regulatory policies
- Provide regulatory consulting internal and external to ensure the regulatory compliance of new food and supplemental ingredients and new technologies to the target markets
- Represent Givaudan with Country / Areas Safety Authorities and provide leadership for Givaudan's regulatory and scientific claims and advocacy programs to support our Health and Nutritional programs and platform,
- Propose and Interpret scientific and technical data affecting Givaudan's Global Regulatory Service group
- Advanced University MSc / Ph.D. degree in a scientific field (toxicology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related areas)
- 10 or more years of experience in regulatory food Claims and Registrations Globally
- Recognized expertise in regulatory requirements in the area of global regulations associated with Health and Nutritional Claims for Food, Beverages, and nutrient supplementation
- Business Fluent in English
- Expert in communicating on different business levels
- Experience in programmed systems, regulatory expert tools, and database management
- Experience in industry and company policies and guidance on Claims and Registration
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies and characteristics of food ingredients
- Advanced knowledge in the field of toxicological sciences and safety assessment principles
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development
- 40-hour working week, Flexible working model, and Home office (if applicable)
- Additional paid days off
- Favorable pension fund contributions
- Subsidized meals in the Staff restaurant / You benefit from a discounted catering offer (incl. lunch)
- Sport and leisure club (amenities/showers on site)
- Discounts at the company shop
- Free Staff Parking and Bike Badge
- Subsidized: REKA vouchers and SBB half-fare travelcard
- Complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, water)
- Worldwide private accident coverage and free choice of hospital
- Worldwide private accident insurance
- Additional family/education allowance (if applicable)
Givaudan is committed to equal opportunities. Therefore, we welcome applications regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, or sexual identity. We also have a safe working environment, and progressive working conditions and are certified as an equal pay employer.