GCR team is part of EY's EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs.
The GCR team is spread across 10+ countries with specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Global Operations, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Indirect Tax, Statutory Reporting, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll.
Our Global Operations professionals lead multi-country, multi-services GCR engagements. They are responsible for activities such as pricing and leading pursuits, managing contracting and transition processes, supporting our clients' finance and tax function transformations, and leading client relationship management. They are also responsible for the development of our GCR service offerings, with opportunities to become involved in business strategy and best practices.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join our busy and thriving team, based in Zurich. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds, all with a common desire to provide excellent client service. Join our fast-growing Global Operations team and you will have the opportunity to work on EY's large multi-country client engagements within our EMEIA Tax Center.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in our team, you will be a strong team player focusing on:
- Client Management: You will be working on a varied and global portfolio of client engagements - ranging in size and complexity. These clients will be household names and you will be leading an innovative EY Global Operations team, ensuring a high-quality delivery of compliance and coordination services.
- Contract Management: You will be single point of contact and actively manage your global teams, focusing on meeting contractual obligations, making sure we are Quality and Risk Management (QRM) compliant, and promptly resolving issues escalated to you. You will proactively manage service delivery risk through review of issue & risk logs, and escalation routes along with reviewing progress of operational and continuous improvement targets.
- Engagement Governance: Your day will be structured around internal and client meetings. You will be a point of escalation for the client and your team when they cannot resolve complex issues. You will report service performance and escalation status; develop corrective action plans. You will manage client stakeholders, coordinate with team members and other stakeholders to ensure high-quality.
- Business Transformation: You will participate in business transformation initiatives to drive standardization, centralization and automation for increased efficiencies, global control, and long-term value. You will co-ordinate such transformation efforts with various teams to streamline Global Operations processes and Tax Operating Model for efficiencies and exceptional service management for clients.
- Financial Management: You will analyze financial performance on a recurring basis, drive compliance to budget, decide and drive optimal process efficiencies, team mix, ensure timely billing and manage costs to meet targets.
- Proposals, Business Development and Contracting: Outside of day-to-day client service activities you will actively participate in growing the pipeline of new opportunities and related business development activities. You will address request for proposals by drafting proposal strategies for global multi-country compliance services along with scope and fee packages to win clients in the market. You will also manage preparation and negotiations of global contracts with clients and ensure the contracts are legal and quality standards compliant.
- Talent Development: You will be counsellor/mentor to junior team members to support their career development. You will lead the coaching and development of more junior members and be involved in career guidance for the wider team.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in EMEIA or global compliance, either in industry or with professional services firms
- Understanding of tax compliance activities such as indirect tax, statutory accounting, and corporate tax compliance
- Experience with managing request for proposals for global multi-country Tax Compliance Services
- Experience with preparing and negotiating global multi-country contracts for Tax Compliance Services
- Proven work record in similar global environment, i.e. winning, delivering and managing Global Multi Country Tax Compliance Outsourcing Contracts with finance and tax technology experience
- Good understanding of professional independence policies and Quality and Risk management policies (including US SEC restrictions)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Finance or Accounting or both
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English - both written and verbal
- Excellent technology skills for designing, setting up and managing online tax compliance documentation repositories
Ideally, you'll also have
- Proficient multi-tasking ability
- Be a strong team player with the ability to add value to the current team
- Capability to manage teams across multiple jurisdictions
- Strong presentation and business development skills and experience in developing and delivering major proposals to clients and targets
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.