Frontend Developer (f/m/d) - computer science /HTML5 / CSS3/ Gitlab / Chemistry
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company in Basel we are looking for a highly qualified Frontend Developer.
Work could be done fully remote if you are living in Switzerland
We are currently looking for a Frontend Developer who will support two projects of applications for Chemistry Platforms. The workload will be divided up between those two projects and applications.
The application IRCI hosted on the Chemistry Platform is business critical within the pRED research organization and has grown over 2 decades as in-house Java Enterprise development. The IRCI Web user interface is dependent on Internet Explorer 11. The overall backend implementation mainly based on Java Enterprise (Oracle WebLogic 12c) and JSP for the UI requires modernization. IRCI is used in Small Molecule Research by Scientists to register chemical batches. Many other research applications supporting logistics, ordering, workflows or data analysis are dependent on the data registered in IRCI and on services provided by IRCI and the Chemistry Platform. Provisioning of new modern cloud native applications with modern Web User Interfaces based on Angular and REST API's based on SpringBoot for integration with the application landscape is in the focus of the project.
The perfect candidate:
We are looking for a Frontend Developer with development experience in Web Frontend development (Angular, HTML, CSS, etc.) who is able to support proactively the critical phases of the projects. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who is flexible enough to share the workload within two projects without much supervision.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Learn and understand the current legacy applications and services from either business analyst information, documentation or source code (reverse engineer)
• Setting up CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab
• Ensure good communication to especially Frontend developer and the other team members
• Take over knowledge from previous developer (apprentice)
• Work on existing backlog
• Maintenance after go live
- Min. Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
• Min. 3-5 years' experience in frontend development using Angular
• Hands on experience in GIT, JIRA, CI/CD, Gitlab
• Experience in estimating and prioritization of user stories (together with the Development Team)
• Fluent verbal and written English skills
• Proactive person who is willing to drive tasks without too much supervision
• Sense of ownership and ability to collaborate with different people and cultures
• Communication skills
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Chemistry would be helpful
• Agile software development practices knowledge (Scrum)
• Kubernetes experience is a plus
• Good knowledge of Docker containers is a plus
• German is an advantage
Reference Nr.: 921990SGR
Role: Frontend Developer
Workplace: Basel / fully remote
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete dossier via the link in this advertisement. If this position does not fit your profile and you wish to be considered for another position directly, you can also send us your dossier via this ad or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Contact us for more information about our company, our positions or our attractive Payroll-Only programme: +41 41 760 77 01.
ITech Consult is an ISO 9001:2015 certified Swiss company with offices in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult specialises in the placement of highly qualified candidates for recruitment in the fields of IT, Life Science & Engineering.
We offer staff leasing & payroll services. For our candidates this is free of charge, also for Payroll we do not charge you any additional fees.