Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
This newly created Desk Strategist role is to support the short- and long-term asset trading teams in the development of trading strategies and the development of the information flow to traders. The role is multifaceted in that it requires both fundamental understanding of fuels, emissions and power markets as well as good quantitative skills and coding. It is a unique opportunity for an experienced Market Analyst, who is passionate about demanding analytics and modelling, but also has the entrepreneurial drive to generate market views and strategies in close exchange with the traders. The role is fully integrated with our asset trading desks and is based at our Lausanne offices in Switzerland.
Your main responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining and improving a set of quantitative European power models
- Market monitoring as well as developing and communicating views about the energy market (power, coal, gas emissions)
- Building, developing and improving decision support tools (data management, managing APIs etc.)
- Maintaining strong relationships with other market analysts within the company
- Several years of experience in a similar function, solid understanding of European power markets and global fuel markets
- Excellent data management and coding skills in Python and R, ability to develop and improve quantitative models
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to turn analysis into trading strategies
- Great team player, excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Fluency in English, French or German considered an advantage
No agencies please!
Alpiq has not briefed any third party recruiter on this role and no agency has been instructed to recruit on our behalf. Unsolicited profiles from third party recruiters will be deleted and all candidate exclusivity or fee claims rejected. Candidates are kindly asked to apply directly, thank you!