(Junior) Linux Application Manager (Ref 1231)
Bank J. Safra Sarasin Ltd is a leading sustainable private bank, offering all the advantages of the Swiss banking environment together with dynamic and personalised advisory services focusing on opportunities in international financial markets. The Bank provides a high level of services and expertise when acting as investment advisor and asset manager for private and institutional clients. Financial strength, excellent client services and outstanding quality are therefore key elements of its corporate philosophy.
J. Safra Sarasin's most valuable capital is its employees. They are essential to the success of the organisation, now and in the future. Their technical expertise, professional qualifications and social skills are highly valued by the Group's clients, management and business partners. The success of J. Safra Sarasin depends on the enthusiasm and commitment of every one of its employees worldwide.
Chief Operating Officer
(Junior) Linux Application Manager (Ref. 1231)
Either being an IT graduate with first work experience or being already an experienced IT professional you help managing applications closely related to our core banking system Avaloq alongside a motivated team. You monitor the ongoing operation of the tools, improve efficiency by automating processes via Linux scripting and contribute to the improvement of existing functionalities. Furthermore you help rolling out features locally as well as to international locations where you and your team act primary contact for topics around the functionalies and potential improvement options. You consult the business, analyze their requirements, implement, test and maintain the requested features.
- Holistic management of Linux applications around the Avaloq core banking platform (from first level support over system monitoring up to the definition of access right concepts and the development of processes, interfaces and new features)
- Assistance and consultation in the requirements definition including the subsequent development and rollout
- Managing the enire development lifecycle from requirements analysis over development, testing, rollout and maintenance
- Taking over the technical project lead in small and medium sized projects in the areas of responsibility
- Working closely together with developers in related areas, with business representatives as well as with external software companies
- Taking over technical ownership of solutions developed or maintained by you
- Creation of a surveillance functionality for the given applications
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or similar education in the given fields; alternatively proven professional track record in Linux system administration
- Experience in Linux system administration or profund educational knowledge
- Good Linux knowhow; experience in related topics like network, storage, NetApp is a plus
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Perl and Shell scripting
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle) and data access (SQL/PLSQL)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness to take over responsibilities where applicable
- Fluent in English, German is an advantage