Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
This function reports to the COO Trading and will be key in realizing the transformation and future ambitions of Alpiq's Trading Division. The COO team is a dynamic and diverse group of 9 professionals located over the 3 trading locations of Alpiq. The team drives strategic business change, trade support operations, new product development and is instrumental in solving operational, commercial, and strategic issues facing the business. In this role you will work closely with front office, analysts, middle office, risk management and IT. It's based at our offices in Lausanne or Olten, Switzerland.
Your main responsibilities
- Engaging with front office, middle office, risk, and other functions to deliver continuous improvement
- Identifying areas for improvement across Trading systems and processes, laying out the functional requirements and drive implementation together with IT and other functions
- Identify, understand, and explain existing pain points with the objective to improve PnL and risk reporting and related business processes for front office. Help designing new risk measures, reports, and processes
- Participation in ad hoc projects and requests as required by senior management, internal and external audit or other
- Master's degree in Economics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics
- Minimum 10 years of proven work experience in the energy trading domain, in either an investment bank, trading house or utility. Ideally in product control or front office risk management roles
- Strong risk management and controls experience (commodity market, FX, and operational risk)
- In-depth knowledge of front-to-back end-to-end-processes involved in trading financial and physical power and gas in the European energy market
- Strong technical toolkit and would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in project management in projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Highly collaborative; able to build relationships with risk, middle office, quant, IT and trading teams
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to respond rapidly, and analytically, to situations as they arise
- Key required skills: analytic and structured thinker, result oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Capacity to formulate, structure, synthesize and explain complex topics to C-Level audiences.
- Additional relevant skills: international mindset, determination, resilience, and team spirit
- Languages: full proficiency in English, any other language is an advantage.