COO and CEO Position for Deep Tech Photonics Startup
COO&CEO for Deep Tech Photonics Startup
Deeplight SA is a young and vividly growing Swiss high-tech startup in the field of integrated photonics and laser technology. We are currently expanding our activities and our organizational structure. In this context we are seeking an experienced and dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO) to become a pivotal member of our leadership team with the perspective to take over the role of the Chief Executive Office (CEO) in the mid-term future. You will play a critical role in driving the company's growth and success. Key responsibilities include managing daily operations with close cooperation with our technical team, developing strategic plans, and implementing business processes to ensure efficiency and scalability. The ideal candidate has a strong technological background, in combination with a proven track record of building up teams and driving operational excellence in related industries. The position offers the opportunity to join and shape a dynamic and rapidly growing high-tech startup, along with the chance to make a significant impact and contribute to the company's success. If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for technology and innovation who has the ability to inspire a motivated team, we would be happy to receive your application.
Deeplight SA is a privately held high-tech spin-off company, founded in 2021 by researchers from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland (EPFL) and from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany. We specialize in developing frequency-agile laser sources with ultra-low phase noise based on advanced photonic integrated circuits. Our technology base enables us to cater to scientific, industrial, and consumer markets with significant economic potential. By bridging the gap between scientific-grade laser systems and widely used semiconductor laser diodes, we bring low-noise, highly compact laser systems to various applications, such as autonomous driving, optical communication for space, quantum computing, quantum cryptography, fiber sensing, and more.
- PhD/master’s degree in Physics, electrical engineering, Photonics or related fields.
- Deep technical understanding in photonics, optoelectronics or semiconductor technology
- Proven experience in bringing products to the market and experience ideally in packaging, reliability, and manufacturing (e.g. MEMS, optoelectrics, etc.)
- Proven industrial experience in building, growing and managing multidisciplinary R&D teams
- Passion for novel technologies and innovations
- Excellent proficiency in English, fluent in German, and French.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capacity to engage and negotiate with external stakeholders effectively.
We are looking for an individual that wishes to oversee the transition from our MVP to a product, including
1. Technology Development:
- Technical project management
- Contribution to technology roadmap
- Management of lead customers, projects, and internal R&D activities
- Lead the technological development efforts of the startup, overseeing the research, design, and implementation of innovative solutions and NRE contracts
- Collaborate with the technology team to drive the development of cutting-edge products or services aligned with the company's vision.
- Ensure the efficient integration of technology solutions, optimizing performance and reliability.
2. Business Development:
- Represent company at trade fairs
- Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships, fostering collaboration with industry leaders and potential clients.
- Supply chain management and identification
- Leverage market insights to identify new business opportunities
- Oversee and lead NRE efforts on the business side
- An extremely dynamic environment and participation in the high-growth phase of an innovative technology company.
- The opportunity to define and shape a high-tech company in integrated photonics technology for LiDAR, sensing, industrial metrology, and space communication.
- Participation in the success and growth of the company via e.g. an employee stock option program (ESOP)
- An inspiring working environment, in Lausanne, on the shores of Lake Geneva
Please send your application (one PDF with cover letter, CV and university transcripts BA,MA,PhD and other information) to Write an email