At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
(Senior) Consultant - Digital Strategy & Emerging Technologies (Crypto Assets/DLT)
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of a high-performing team, you will deliver exceptional client service - consulting clients on technology strategies, providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence will enable their business strategies. You will work with clients on their strategic technology solutions, and support clients transforming IT organizations, operating models, and capabilities You will be able to develop your leadership, consultancy, and technology skills. Working on the most challenging projects, engaging with CIO / CTO and other CXO-level executives, across borders and sectors.
Your key responsibilities
- Understanding clients' business strategy and identification of new business models & opportunities leveraging emerging technologies, e.g., DLT/ Blockchain, quantum computing
- Explore new technology trends and (business) applications in the fields of crypto assets, tokenization of assets, NFTs, DAOs, DeFi, metaverse, etc. and how this impacts the future business of our clients
- Lead parts of technology strategy consulting engagements in the Blockchain space:
- Strategy development and business requirement analysis
- Business case modeling and market/ trend analysis
- Structuring and analysing data, deriving insights, and proposing actions
- Communicating with and presenting deliverables to CIOs / CTOs and other CXO-level executives
- Collaborating in highly dynamic and cross-functional teams, such as our global EY Blockchain software engineering teams, digital law, tax, forensics, data&analytics and assurance.,
- Contribute to Thought Leadership publications around DLT/ Blockchain and other Emerging Technologies
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 1-5 years (depending on the entry-level) of post-study professional work experience in (ideally) different industries, e.g., life sciences/ healthcare, consumer products, financial services, and/ or manufacturing, preferably in a consulting or investment banking environment
- Overall DLT/ blockchain knowledge across both business (strategy development, applications, and market trends) and technology (Blockchain fundamentals of public networks, preferred Ethereum/ Quorum; fundamentals of smart contracts and token standards)
- Knowledge of current/ upcoming DLT/ Blockchain trends covering crypto assets, tokenization of assets, NFTs, DAOs, DeFi, metaverse, etc.
- A passion for Digital Strategy & Innovation and other Emerging Technologies, e.g., Quantum Computing
- Master's degree from a reputable University with excellent academic records
- Excellent skills in both written and verbal English, other language skills such as German/French are a plus
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in managing blockchain-related projects/ initiatives
- Good network within the Swiss/ European Blockchain scene
- Basic programming skills (e.g., Java, Python, Solidity, Vyper)
- Knowledge of/ or experience with other emerging technologies, including quantum computing, machine learning, predictive modeling, etc.
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Continuous personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Click to send email / +41 58 286 33 66).
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.