Cat Portfolio Specialist 80 - 100%
The position is embedded in the Cat Portfolio Analytics team, a highly analytical team responsible for Cat portfolio steering, maintaining our Cat pricing tools, and Cat exposure monitoring and reporting across the group for various stakeholders.
This role focuses on natural Cat exposure aggregation and portfolio modeling across PartnerRe, in close collaboration with the Cat modeling, actuarial, underwriting, third party capital and retrocession teams.
In more detail your main tasks are to:
- Generate quarterly natural Cat loss distributions, by aggregating and modeling our Cat exposure across the group
- Explain changes in Probable Maximum Loss (PMLs) in relation to changes in business
- Provide valuable portfolio analytics (e.g. expected loss, PMLs, peril contributions) for various internal and external stakeholders and reports
- Support external retrocession submissions
- Liaise with underwriting and actuarial departments to ensure data quality and completeness
- Develop and enhance tools and methods for roll-up with the aim of increasing efficiency, considering new sources of risks, and driving innovation
- Collaboration with Chief Underwriting Office and other relevant functions to support Cat portfolio steering and portfolio management to achieve a better risk return profile
The role will be based in Zurich or Toronto, and work time can be 80-100%.
You are a mathematician or natural scientist wanting to dive into Cat portfolio modeling.
- Master degree in Mathematics or Natural Science with strong quantitative background
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in the (re)insurance industry
- Knowledge on Cat modeling is a plus
- Proficient in R, knowledge on SQL is a plus
- Team player, diligent, and able to work under pressure
- Ability to see the wider picture, but with attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluency in English is required
You are entitled to work in Switzerland or Canada.
Why join the PartnerRe team?
Because this is a company where you can make a real impact, where you will quickly get to know all your colleagues, where collaboration and diversity are valued, where personal development is enabled, and where you will get a true sense of the contribution you make to the company’s success.
Become part of a leading reinsurance company of over 1,000 professionals spread across 20 world locations – a company that prides itself in delivering the best possible risk solutions to its insurance clients and brokers. For more on the extensive and fascinating range of risks we protect: https://partnerre.com/risk-solutions/
Become part of a culture based on trust, initiative, responsibility and openness. We are always looking for bright, proactive individuals to join our team!
We look forward to receiving your application.
PartnerRe is an equal opportunities employer.
Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.