Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
As a Controlling Analyst you will be in charge of all site activities by supporting the business controlling network and supplying local information when needed. You will provide business support to the local operations Manager to ensure compliance in the operations and will implement process improvement programs at a site level. You will report directly to the Global Ingredients Manufacturing Controller.
- Provide analyses and interpretations of financial information to multiple functional management and stakeholders., including Group Controlling, Division Controlling, Operations Controlling, Functional Controlling (e.g. IT, Purchasing, HR)
- Provide recommendations on inventory management and coordinate the annual budget process for the site
- Participate in site operations meetings to stay informed of site activities and provide financial support/action where required
- Manage the site annual budget
- Manage annual and periodic requirements of costing activities and analysis of COGS
- Provide detailed product costing analysis and support management in the evaluation of product costs.
- Analyze process order and product level variances on a monthly basis and work with the operations team to resolve and correct costing issues
- Review COGS summary with management and coordinate changes in master templates with local operations
- Contribute to recipe templates from a costing perspective
- Analyze and explain local product margins
- Respond on time to pricing/commercial controlling requests
Financial Performance Analysis
- Analyze and coordinate activities associated with operations performance on site
- Contribute as an active member in site projects that creates process/cost improvements (i.e., Supply Chain, Lean, Stable Operations, BIT)
- Support site management in the development and analysis of business plans, budgets, forecasts, and cost savings opportunities Perform ad-hoc and analysis of the monthly Indicators and provide site and operational management with interpretive and predictive information for decision-making
- Participate in forecasting and mid-to-long-term planning for the factory
- Support management in the strategic decision-making for the site
- Perform regular cost center and investment reviews and follow-ups
- Improve resolutions of variance issues and review SOD within the ERP system by managing any change requirements at a local level
Are you someone who wants to shape your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or professional accountancy qualification
- Experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is appreciated
- Used to work in a matrix organisation
- Fluency in German and English language
- Excellent team player
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Flexible working model
- Constant learning from passionate co-workers
- Career Development Opportunities with access to many virtual learning sessions