Empa - the place where innovation starts
Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
Our Laboratory for Advanced Fibers in St. Gallen pursues materials research in the field of polymers and fibers. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a
Postdoc/engineer in the field of polymer processing
- Development of new material combinations and processing technologies, with focus on extrusion and compounding.
- Design of feasibility studies and acquisition of applied research projects.
- Establish materials science and engineering basics and transfer of knowledge to industry and the scientific community.
- Technical management and supervision of the laboratory for polymer extrusion and compounding.
- Training and supervision of students in the laboratory.
- PhD (or master's degree with additional experience) in plastics technology or comparable.
- A minimum of two years of hands-on experience in polymer processing with extruders and compounders.
- Knowledge of experimental rheology, interest in polymer analytics.
- Experience in writing technical or scientific manuscripts.
- Fluency in English, further knowledge of German is a plus.
The position is available as of now, and will remain open until filled. We offer modern working conditions and a challenging job in an interdisciplinary environment. We support you in building your career towards more responsible positions.
For further information
about the position please contact Rudolf Hufenus Click to send email
and visit our websiteswww.empa.ch/web/s402
and Empa-VideoWe look forward
to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation addressing all the points above, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please upload the requested documents through our webpage. Applications via email will not be considered.
Empa, Esther Zürcher, Human Resources, Lerchenfeldstrasse 5, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland.