We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
This is your role
Our Regional Solutions & Services Business Unit, Region EMEA is looking for a motivated Project Operations Manager. In this role you will be a subject matter expert in the field of project management and responsible for a profound and up to the highest standard project delivery in close collaboration with our EMEA focus countries. You will monitor the entire lifecycle of projects and their contribution to the overall strategy.
Join our team and help us in building a better and sustainable tomorrow. Our team is happy to introduce you to our exciting environment!
- Monitor project/business performance together with our project operations leads of our focus countries based on the strategic goals
- Conduct regular project and forecast reviews with our countries' counterparts to ensure alignment with budget, resource capacity & define and monitors actions in case of deviations
- Actively supervise & support critical projects and reviewed based on defined metrics
- Provide mentoring and support to the countries' operations teams
- Apply project execution standards and ensure compliance with project processes
- Define and drive improvement programs with project operations management and country heads, with the support from other team colleagues of Region EMEA
- Coach team members and guide the countries in maintaining project competencies in accordance with backlog and portfolio requirements
- Support our focus countries with customer/supplier negotiations
- Foster a "One EMEA culture" by contributing to and strengthening the EMEA project operations leadership network
Your skills and experience
- Higher technical, engineering, business, or similar education
- Proven experience (+10 yrs.) and sound knowledge in project management/execution with successful project delivery in the building industry
- Demonstrated ability in successfully driving international project performance gained in a multi-cultural environment and with multiple partners
- Proven capacity to facilitate a cooperative approach with cross-functional teams, mentoring and handling with change
- Awareness of the complexity of matrix structures
- Using new digitalization methods and lean project management are nothing new to you
- Strong business focus, decision-making ability, and results orientation
- Excellent communication skills in English. German basic knowledge, and any additional European language is an asset
- Willingness to travel (40%)
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland. There are plenty of reasons for this, not least the exciting and in-depth insights into practical work, flexible working models providing the ideal combination of study, work and leisure, relevant networking and a host of entry opportunities at home and abroad. Get a first impression of your new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues
Video Siemens in Zug
Siemens as an employer
We take your privacy seriously and therefore maintain a high standard of data protection. For this reason, we can only accept your application via our application platform ("APPLY" button).
You can get in touch with our recruiting team via our Contact Form and find answers to the most frequently asked questions via our FAQ page. We look forward to receiving your application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the "new normal". Wherever possible, "mobile working" is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.